• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Manawatu vs Hwkes Bay

Dizzy

First XV
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
Both teams need a win so far in the competition with returning All Blacks Isreal Dagg to Hawkes Bay and Aaron Cruden to Manawatu I think this will be a very exciting match.
Hawkes Bay were the most potent attacking team last year and this year they seem to be lagging a hell of a lot. Hopefully Dagg can bring back some of the magic he produced against the Springboks.

Cruden has very minimal game time under his belt this season but no doubt he'll be ready to fire up to impress before his first All Black start against the Wallabies in the following weeks.
He'll be looking for some very impressive game time and looking to keep Manawatu's heads up and get their season going.

My prediction, Hawkes Bay by 12+ because of Hawkes Bay bias and the return of Dagg

If anyone else is interested please share your thoughts, if anyone follows these teams

Yeah I think Hawkes Bay will win. The Bay's got a good team just not putting it together well. Guildford had a good game last week hopefully he, Lowe, Elliot and Dagg all play well.

Manawatu will give them a tough game though. They got some strike power in the backs with Raikabula, Cama, Stone and now Cruden.

Yeah I think Hawkes Bay will win. The Bay's got a good team just not putting it together well. Guildford had a good game last week hopefully he, Lowe, Elliot and Dagg all play well.

Manawatu will give them a tough game though. They got some strike power in the backs with Raikabula, Cama, Stone and now Cruden.

I agree, Hawkes Bay should be too strong ... it will be good to see Cruden play though (hopefully it will be televised here)

I agree, Hawkes Bay should be too strong ... it will be good to see Cruden play though (hopefully it will be televised here)
If its not televised Shaggy try private messaging Ezequiel he's one of the good guys on this forum and he might be able to help you.

If its not televised Shaggy try private messaging Ezequiel he's one of the good guys on this forum and he might be able to help you.

Cool, thanks Sam ... I guess I can always get the highlights on youtube, but as you said in another post, you can't always get a good idea of how all the players went, from highlights

yeah just pm Ezequiel, he'll hook you up for real

I might be going to this game, I don't support either team but I have a friend that gets free tickets and she want's me to go. I'm a hearty Wellington Lions supporter going to Lions vs Taniwha the night before but if I had to choose a team I'd want the Turbo's to win but the Magpies have too much fire power in players like Dagg and Guildford so I actually think they'll win.

I definitely expect Hawkes Bay to win this one. If they didn't they would have no chance of being in that top 7.

Poor effort so far. Too many line breaks. A couple of decent rumbles from the Magpies forwards, but on this basis you can see why these two teams are propping up the table (along with the woefully **** Otago team)

Real poor game, The Magpies had majority of the ball and fail to do anything with it. One try in the game to Gillies Kaka, I can see him going a long way, great performance from Dagg and Cruden, Cruden played exceptionally well and Dagg always adds a bit of class.

Hawkes Bay 17-9 Manawatu

I went to the game and both teams were too much the same and no one really had it over the other. The usual suspects were up to no good and I got a photo with Izzy Dagg even thou I'm a Lions supporter but he's still the man and a awesome player.

Latest posts