Manu Vatuvei eyed for Melbourne S14 switch

Discussion in 'Super Rugby' started by Tomsey, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Tomsey

Tomsey Guest

Enough of all this Jonthan Thurston shite. Here is a league player that might actually be able to play union...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    SOURCE

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. William18

William18 Guest

It doesn't really make sense for New Zealander's to play in Australian or South African Super 15 sides. You would either play in New Zealand so you could watch the All Blacks or go to Europe where you would surely earn more money.

4. Wally

Wally Guest

I think it's time for SANZAR to relax those rules and allow Super 14 players to sign with whichever franchise they want and still be eligible to represent their own country.

5. Charles

Charles Guest

I hope they're not planning to play him on the wing. He may be a bit slow and well, not the type of winger that can adapt to Union.

6. Nickdnz

Nickdnz Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Jan 27 2010, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    It's a policy that protects the quality of rugby being played in that country, to get rid of it would see all domestic domeptitions fail (Not a problem for Australia, except the Super 14/15 would crumble) in South Africa, New Zealand and Australia. Unless you are implying that you can play for which ever Super 14 Franchise you want and still represent your country?

7. Tomsey

Tomsey Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Jan 27 2010, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I was under the impression that they could. eg Carlos Spencer, playing for the Lions, could be picked for the All Blacks because he is playing Super rugby (albeit not for a New Zealand side). The reason they don't allow players playing in Europe to play for their countries is because they aren't able to keep an eye on their form as well as if they we're in the southern hemisphere. Obviously they don't want all the good players to leave the Super 14 sides and make it shite either, but if they are still playing in the competition, just in another country I don't see the problem...

8. Charles

Charles Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tomsey @ Jan 27 2010, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I was under the impression that they could. eg Carlos Spencer, playing for the Lions, could be picked for the All Blacks because he is playing Super rugby (albeit not for a New Zealand side). The reason they don't allow players playing in Europe to play for their countries is because they aren't able to keep an eye on their form as well as if they we're in the southern hemisphere. Obviously they don't want all the good players to leave the Super 14 sides and make it shite either, but if they are still playing in the competition, just in another country I don't see the problem...
    [/b][/quote]

I think you're wrong. For NZ at least, a player has to play in any of the 5 NZ franchises and thus be contracted to the NZRFU to be eligible.

9. ChiefsFan

ChiefsFan Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Jan 27 2010, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]

I think you're wrong. For NZ at least, a player has to play in any of the 5 NZ franchises and thus be contracted to the NZRFU to be eligible.
    [/b][/quote]

Yeah that's correct, what wotsit was saying is that they should be allowed to play for any S14 team and still be eligible for their country, regardless of whether their franchise in in OZ, NZ, or SA.

10. QLD

QLD Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Jan 27 2010, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Yeah that's correct, what wotsit was saying is that they should be allowed to play for any S14 team and still be eligible for their country, regardless of whether their franchise in in OZ, NZ, or SA.
    [/b][/quote]

This rule should be in place now, at least have Aussies and Kiwis swapping countries. Someone like Daniel Braid should still be eligible for NZ, it's not like he went to Europe.

11. Nickdnz

Nickdnz Guest

This seems only benaficial to Australians :p. That would mean that players in our domestic competitions would get pinched.

12. QLD

QLD Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Jan 27 2010, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Not really, the Kiwis would go back to NZ for the AB or play in the NPC. Like Braid did. Like Guildford will go back to HB when he's done with the Crusaders. I'd imagine it would only help your NPC actually if Australian's play in NZ, unless there are rules when players must go back to their country for brisbanePG/shute shield/NPC.

13. William18

William18 Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jan 28 2010, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

This rule should be in place now, at least have Aussies and Kiwis swapping countries. Someone like Daniel Braid should still be eligible for NZ, it's not like he went to Europe.
    [/b][/quote]
    All our players would just go to the Australian franchises who can offer far more money. We want to keep our players playing in New Zealand.

14. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Jan 27 2010, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    If he does swicth over, I hope he will not be another Vainikolo..

15. Wally

Wally Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Jan 27 2010, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
    Forget my name again and I'll end you.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!