• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Maori v Lions

B

Bullitt

My latest video collage

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/skMu2aUztbc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/skMu2aUztbc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Great work.

Any chance of montages of the two England pre-world cup tests from 2003. (Wellington & Melbourne)

South Africa will own then in 2009 aswell.
[/b]

They were supposedly going to own them in 1997 as well. You can never judge a Lions series on the one that has preceeded it.

<div class='quotemain'>
South Africa will own then in 2009 aswell.
[/b]

They were supposedly going to own them in 1997 as well. You can never judge a Lions series on the one that has preceeded it.
[/b][/quote]

EXACTLY.
A very naive comment to make if you think that they will get owned.

I wonder who's coaching the next lions squad. Hope he doens't make as much of a hash as Clive, that's all.

That video was very good!

It showed how shite Steve Thompson and Stephen Jones are

Good use of the Offspring re-mix.
And Michael Owen honestly looks like a spastic when he rounds around the field with his scrum cap on.

Just a general question.
When the NZ Moaris play, do all of NZ support them?
Or do the immigrants all stay clear of that team?

Just wondering...

That video was very good!

It showed how shite Steve Thompson and Stephen Jones are [/b]

I think it was more then just them two... That sad thing is all the reserves (all 2067 of them in the squad) were even worse then the final 1st choice XV! :lol:

Just a general question.
[/b]

That's a bit like asking if only descendants from Saxons support England 'A'. Wich we all know is false, as now they're not winning every game, all the glory hunters are watching football again and no one supports any England rugby teams anymore.

<div class='quotemain'> Just a general question.
[/b]

That's a bit like asking if only descendants from Saxons support England 'A'. Wich we all know is false, as now they're not winning every game, all the glory hunters are watching football again and no one supports any England rugby teams anymore.
[/b][/quote]

Fair enough.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Aug 7 2009, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
While perusing the archichves I stumbled on this gem...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rugby's_a_Religion @ Apr 19 2007, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
South Africa will own then in 2009 aswell.[/b]
lol, fail.
[/b][/quote]

Fail you say?
The record books will say that the Boks won a hard fought the series with a game in hand and the Emerging Boks drew with the Lions.
Pretty convincing I'd say.

Despite scoring fewer points and tries and looking the second best side for the majority of the series.

A series win? Yes.
Owning the Lions? f*** no.

Yes "owned" is a strong word to use in this case but the Boks scored both more tries and more points when it mattered, in the first 2 Tests. The Boks scored 3 tries to 1 in the vital 2nd Test.

Anyway I think the manner in which the Boks beat the Lions was worse than NZ did in 2005. The Lions and their fans were more emotionally invested in the 2009 series because they felt they had a chance to win. But before you know it the Boks won with a game to spare. Then make 11 changes and get caned by the Lions. Fans and players alike left thinking 'if only'. Brutal!

Latest posts