• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Marcelo Loffreda

• Thread starter Canadian_Rugger
  • Start date
C

Canadian_Rugger

Do you think he will stay on at Leicester??? I believe he should be given his chance I mean even though the Tigers didn't win a trophy this season they still made it to two finals and clinched a Heineken Cup position next season. I think it would be a shame if he were let go after just one season at the helm.

Do you think he will stay on at Leicester??? I believe he should be given his chance I mean even though the Tigers didn't win a trophy this season they still made it to two finals and clinched a Heineken Cup position next season. I think it would be a shame if he were let go after just one season at the helm. [/b]
The main reason with Leicester Tigers is that if they do not win at least one trophy it will seem like a season wasted. They have a winning mentality that is only rivaled by Wasps in the Guinness Premiership. The Tigers may not have been consistant this year but they do lead the stats in the Guinness Premiership. Andy Goode was the top points scorer with 207 and Tom Varndell was the leading try scorer with 14.

For me, I think Marcelo made the wrong decision in leaving Argentina. He brought the Pumas on in so many levels. Leading them to a draw with the 2005 Lions, then beating England at Twickenham and finally helping the Pumas to win the Bronze Medal at the 2007 Rugby World Cup. If he had stayed with Argentina he might have taken them on further with his world-class coaching skills. In his hand he possessed a group of world-class players and he could have, if he stayed in Argentina, brought the country into the professional era of the sport. In my opinion the Pumas will still become a force in world rugby, but if Loffreda was still coach they could have became a greater force.

Marcelo went into a blind alley when he joined Leicester Tigers. He went from coaching Argentina for nearly a decade to coaching a club side. There clearly is a language barrier but even so, the second half of the Guinness Premiership Final proved that he can change a game with his decision making on what should be done. It would be nice to see Loffreda with the Tigers next year as he still has so much to give to the club. I can't see him going back to the Pumas as they already have a new coach, so hopefully he'll be at Leicester for the next few years.

Tigers do need to sack a coach though. Back has been a woeful defence coach...........

complete bs if you asked me... the only reason he has been sacked is because he is an outsider... they would never sack Back as he has provided too manys ervices to the club over the years and the same goes for Cockerill.

That is awful. Leicester have treated Loffreda like rubbish. There is no point sacking a foreign coach who does have a language barrier, but is working on it, and has been in the job for less than a year but has still taken his side to two finals. It will just make anyother coach think twice about taking the job. Leicester you have disgusted me tonight.

That is awful. Leicester have treated Loffreda like rubbish. There is no point sacking a foreign coach who does have a language barrier, but is working on it, and has been in the job for less than a year but has still taken his side to two finals. It will just make anyother coach think twice about taking the job. Leicester you have disgusted me tonight. [/b]

Disgraceful treatment. I think there is too much of an old boys club there. Back may have been a great player, and a great defender but Tigers' defence has gone backwards. He was according to some instrumental in getting rid of Deano and has consistantly failed to back Loffreda.

Will anyone want the job now after the foul treatment of every head coach since the game went professional (with the exception of Howard)?

I'm surprised it wasn't Cockerill who got the boot considering some of his comments of late.

I'm surprised it wasn't Cockerill who got the boot considering some of his comments of late.
[/b]

seriously Cockerill coming out and saying Leicester weren't good enough to beat Gloucester... absolute rubbish. Well I guess you can forget about Hernandez making the switch from Stade Francais now :)

It was always going to be a very tough season for Loffreda, and he has done very well to achieve what he has. I think Leicester have acted very cowardly here and refused to blame their own for this season form and unfortunately Loffreda has been used as a scapegoat.

I hope Loffreda gets over this debacle quickly and gets a new job soon and rubs the Tigers face in it. Frankly, they deserve it after the way they have treated him.

yah I am hoping he gets another job very quickly .. hopefully a team in the premiership... are their any clubs in need of coaches atm...

Newcastle Falcons got rid of their director of rugby i think, and that didn't go down well.

absolute abuse by liecester. this is becoming like football now. it can only be because he just didn't fit with the system, square peg round hole etc.
cockerill should have been fired on the spot-public back stabbing your boss is not on.
i think liecester should follow wasps example (yes it physically hurt me to type that) -slowly build up a good TEAM of world class coachs over time. people who work well together not just a bunch of ex-players.

this has made me ashamed to be a liecester supporter. :wah:

absolute abuse by liecester. this is becoming like football now. it can only be because he just didn't fit with the system, square peg round hole etc.
cockerill should have been fired on the spot-public back stabbing your boss is not on.
i think liecester should follow wasps example (yes it physically hurt me to type that) -slowly build up a good TEAM of world class coachs over time. people who work well together not just a bunch of ex-players.

this has made me ashamed to be a liecester supporter. :wah: [/b]

Random and slightly off topic, but I'm assuming you aren't from Leicester seeing as you've constantly misspelt it throughout your post. :rolleyes:

this has made me ashamed to be a liecester supporter. :wah: [/b]

Last year we had an excellant team, which came within 80 mins of a historic treble. We only lost 2 first XV players but still went downhill. I think we built a pretty good team over a number of years. Problem is that the coaching setup has never been right and a number of our promising young stars have failed to reach the hieghts hoped for.

Leicester will have trouble finding a new coach now after the way they treated Marcelo Loffreda

For me, I think Marcelo made the wrong decision in leaving Argentina. He brought the Pumas on in so many levels. Leading them to a draw with the 2005 Lions, then beating England at Twickenham and finally helping the Pumas to win the Bronze Medal at the 2007 Rugby World Cup.
[/b]

Left on a high, took the team as beyond what anyone could have expected.

complete bs if you asked me... the only reason he has been sacked is because he is an outsider...
[/b]

Yep!

Will anyone want the job now after the foul treatment of every head coach since the game went professional (with the exception of Howard)?
[/b]

Money talks, Leicester can & will offer serious bucks.

Latest posts