• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Mario Ledesma appointed new Jaguares head coach

We knew this was coming. Hopefully Mario will be able to make this team player a little better. Im guessing the Jags scrum will benefit a lot from this. I think it will make the crows go again to see them play(at least for afew matches)

A huge undertaking for Ledesma in his first head coaching role. Potentially a tougher conference next year to give him a baptism of fire. I wouldn't judge him until the season after the next one.

You think so? To a big degree, such positions are about managing expectations, and after Argentina's worst rugby year ever, people's expectations are quite low.
It's not as if he's got big shoes to fill. You could actually leave the position vacant and not sure many would sense the difference.

Having said that, although expectations will be low, SR will be tougher and chances are he will lose his first 3 games in a row given the calendar. I'm interested to see how they cope with that.

Its a hot iron but at the same time Ledesma is well respected and Argentines overall like credentials. He was been working with Australia so he must know how to do X. So if he fails im guessing that the blame will go to the players(they have a part in this) and the system overall.(Also Hourcade)

The issue in the background is the same. The system dont work because we have few players. I read they wanted to join the currie cup or any other tourny they can find to boster the squads(would be great). Next year im spec-ting a team that will challenge the scrum and set pieces a lot. Will tackle a lot more while losing some flair.

Latest posts