• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Maro Itoje - the greatest rugby player of all time, is he there already?

Watching Itoje had me like

anigif_enhanced-22783-1404937980-1.gif

As the original thread man it falls to me to say......

Fack me, what a player! **** on a shovel he is an astonishing find.

Fair do's

Ahh NH media at it again.

Wish they would relax up there until playing the end of the year tours are over and the dust has settled on the rugby year then we can access things, but already overrating a kid who is yet to really accomplish anything in terms of the bigger picture is just going to damage his head space.

Greatest player of all time is a bit of an exaggeration haha but if he continues to play like he did yesterday then it could be him and AWJ on the lions tour next year

Jonah Lomu, Martin Johnson, Dan Carter, Jordan Crane, Richie McCaw and now Maro Itoje.

One in a lifetime type players.

Jonah Lomu, Martin Johnson, Dan Carter, Jordan Crane, Richie McCaw and now Maro Itoje.

One in a lifetime type players.

He's got A LOT to do before his name can be placed in the same sentence as those legends. Also who is Jordan Crane?

'I remember when Jordan Crane was the future of English rugby son...'

'But Dad, who IS Jordan Crane?'

'Hush child...I'll tell you when you're older'

He's a very promising player who has had a great tournament but the ***le of this thread just gets more and more ludicrous.

The irony is that because of how well he has played the thread has moved from obvious hyperbole to a point where some are taking it seriously!

I think his first goal should be to become the best 2nd row at his club. Only then can we start talking about world domination.

Wonder if he could play at 7?

A back row of Binny 6, Nathan 8 and Maro would be something to behold...

Martin Johnson, Brian O'Driscoll, Dan Carter, Richie McCaw, Hugo Porta, Serge Blanco. These are players who have earned the epithet "Great"

Greatness is not bestowed, it is earned.... Maro Itoje has played 19 matches for his club in three years, and four matches for England. He's earned nothing so far.

Latest posts