• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Marseille close to signing Lomu

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Nov 23 2009, 05:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Anybody saw the game?
For the moment I can't find the result on their website.[/b]
Nope, didn't see the game, the stream never worked. The website is also pretty awful at being updated.

You can always try justin tv for streaming. I always use it for S14 games & Tri nations.
Wasn't home this afternoon so that's the reason I missed it.

To be fair i didn't expect him to score a try on his debut, but it's what everyone (including me) wants to know :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Nov 23 2009, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
To be fair i didn't expect him to score a try on his debut, but it's what everyone (including me) wants to know :p[/b]

Yeah of course

But seems he trampled some of the opposer's defenders under feet :lol: :lol:

I wonder if Lomu manages to scrap through with the team to the 2nd division, would he stay on and play another year in the harder grade.

Surendettement

Ellaine

Marseille : Lomu shines at number 8

595188-7316872-317-238.jpg

Icon Sport

Jonah Lomu featured as number 8 facing Béziers last Sunday. This test has been conclusive despite Marseille’s loss, and he will remain at this spot in the near future.
The former All-Black began in Marseille at the centre when they defeated Montmelian in November (63-18) even though he hardly touched the ball during the match. Then, he featured as a winger for the clash they lost against Carcassonne (23-10), with no more success. On Sunday, he took up a new challenge : to stand out at the spot of number 8. He started his career at this spot in New-Zealand, before moving to the wing in 1994.
Lomu played rather well against Béziers for more than one hour, although Marseille were defeated (23-18). The star has brought an asset to the MVR for the first time since his arrival in the club. "He didn’t score any try. However he really offered three tries to his team-mates. And he couldn’t avoid our defeat for he was forced out of the pitch fifteen minutes before full-time. We had actually several scrumming actions at five metres from our contenders’ in-goal. The outcome of the match would have been quite different if Lomu had played during the last fifteen minutes…" said President Claude Atcher.
Lomu is likely to remain at number 8 since he had fun to come closer the fighting zones and the individual challenge, so that he excelled thanks to his physical condition. Marseille have already got the invaluable help of Codjo and Ourabah. Lomu’s contribution to the group can’t be restricted to the wings or the changing room. The star has announced he intended to extend his deal for three seasons after he has confided his luck to have positive feelings at last.
Marseille can count on their number 8 from then on, to succeed in qualifying for the final stage. They will have first to win over Lavaur and Graulhet… before longing for a revenge facing Béziers.
Rugbyrama

Marseille : Lomu shines at number 8

595188-7316872-317-238.jpg

Icon Sport

Jonah Lomu featured as number 8 facing Béziers last Sunday. This test has been conclusive despite Marseille's loss, and he will remain at this spot in the near future.
The former All-Black began in Marseille at the centre when they defeated Montmelian in November (63-18) even though he hardly touched the ball during the match. Then, he featured as a winger for the clash they lost against Carcassonne (23-10), with no more success. On Sunday, he took up a new challenge : to stand out at the spot of number 8. He started his career at this spot in New-Zealand, before moving to the wing in 1994.
Lomu played rather well against Béziers for more than one hour, although Marseille were defeated (23-18). The star has brought an asset to the MVR for the first time since his arrival in the club. "He didn't score any try. However he really offered three tries to his team-mates. And he couldn't avoid our defeat for he was forced out of the pitch fifteen minutes before full-time. We had actually several scrumming actions at five metres from our contenders' in-goal. The outcome of the match would have been quite different if Lomu had played during the last fifteen minutes…" said President Claude Atcher.
Lomu is likely to remain at number 8 since he had fun to come closer the fighting zones and the individual challenge, so that he excelled thanks to his physical condition. Marseille have already got the invaluable help of Codjo and Ourabah. Lomu's contribution to the group can't be restricted to the wings or the changing room. The star has announced he intended to extend his deal for three seasons after he has confided his luck to have positive feelings at last.
Marseille can count on their number 8 from then on, to succeed in qualifying for the final stage. They will have first to win over Lavaur and Graulhet… before longing for a revenge facing Béziers.
Rugbyrama

At Number 8, oh how Id love to have seen that.

On a side note get his shirt here:

Type in Lomu into search function.

http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/cgi-bin/lr.cgi

No reason why Lomu wouldn't make a bad 8. Better than most proper 8's anyway. NZ did use a ploy that at 5m attacking scrums they put Lomu at 8 and they score. Remember him getting one against Italy at Huddersfeild in the 99 World Cup.

No reason why Lomu wouldn't make a bad 8. Better than most proper 8's anyway. NZ did use a ploy that at 5m attacking scrums they put Lomu at 8 and they score. Remember him getting one against Italy at Huddersfeild in the 99 World Cup.

if he did go at 8, that speed ha has will just go to waste, although he does have immense power at 8

if he did go at 8, that speed ha has will just go to waste, although he does have immense power at 8

Problem is his speed was gone when he went to the Blues, his power and pace would not suite a role at number 8.

Latest posts