Match of the Year

• Ireland v France

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa v Lions, 2nd Test

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

An Tarbh

<div align=\'center\'>We've had the nominations, now it's time for the polls.

What was the match of the Year?

In the event of a tie, the match with the most nominations will win.
</div>

This must surely go to the South Africa v Lions, 2nd Test, it had everything in it...eye gouging, great tries, big hits and a penalty at the end to decide it.

Plus SA won so thats another reason :D

well so did the Ireland France game, only the penalty was won by Ireland rather than being stupidly conceded by France.

Quality tries from both sides, big hits, French flair from both sides, Heaslip's magic feet, what more can ask from a game, obviously the second test will win the poll but that doesn't take away from what was a cracking test match.

French flair from both sides? I wonder what Logorrhea and MunsterMan will have to say about that!

The Ireland vs France match was a brilliant game. 5 tries if I remenber correctly, a full house, lectric atmosphere and the lead changed hands a few I've watched it a few times since it was played and I still think it was the best game of the tornament when considering the rugby played.

The Lions though had everyting riding on it adding to the general hype and drama that follows the Lions tour. It was a bigger occasion, it matched the occasion and will be one of those games that people reference time and time again.

It deserves to win if.

The 2nd Lions test gets my vote. Ahead 22 to 6 at this stage.

But between that game, the 6N match between IRE and FRA on the 7th (and the Currie cup final) I wouldn't be let down.

Jesus I just read my post. I'm mildly hungover but that doesnt excuse that drivel.

Latest posts