• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Match Previews/Reviews/And More - Four Balls Blog

Do I take it the Fantasy League didn't go well for you?!? ;)

Haha well it actually went alright, although I took Ben Yougns out for Conor Murray before the final weekend! Nightmare.

I ended up with 6183 points, 5th in the TRF league and top of my personal ones. Forgot I put George North in my side so was pleasantly surprised when I looked on Sunday morning!

- - - Updated - - -

3 Things England Have Learned From The 6 Nations http://fourballsblog.blogspot.com/2015/03/3-things-england-have-learnt-from-6.html

I feel your pain, I was up to 225 in the world after the Wales match, dropping SOB and Nowell saw me slide down to around 2000th by the end of the tournament. Almost as annoying as my coin toss between putting Fofana or Bennett into the center in round three, if the coin landed on the other side, Bennett's try would have seen me top for the week and won me an iPad. I finished third in my mate's league (with someone who knows next to nothing topping the league), I would have topped TRF league quite comfortably though.

I'm interested to see you describe England's set piece as world class. I'm not much of a stats guy, but my impression is that the lineout was pretty poor. Do the stats disagree? The scrum did well, but I'm not sure it was tested sternly enough to conclude that it is world class.

I feel your pain, I was up to 225 in the world after the Wales match, dropping SOB and Nowell saw me slide down to around 2000th by the end of the tournament. Almost as annoying as my coin toss between putting Fofana or Bennett into the center in round three, if the coin landed on the other side, Bennett's try would have seen me top for the week and won me an iPad. I finished third in my mate's league (with someone who knows next to nothing topping the league), I would have topped TRF league quite comfortably though.

I'm interested to see you describe England's set piece as world class. I'm not much of a stats guy, but my impression is that the lineout was pretty poor. Do the stats disagree? The scrum did well, but I'm not sure it was tested sternly enough to conclude that it is world class.

Lineout against Ireland was really poor, missed chances in crucial areas of the pitch, but 54/62 lineouts overall, not perfect but not as bad as many seem to think.

Thanks, that's is indeed better than I expected. One particular lost lineout sticks in the mind and colours judgement I guess.

For those of you with a keen eye on the rugby twittersphere you may have noticed that Michael Lynagh has been very supportive of the blog. Seems like we have our first celebrity endorser haha!

The poll for preferred England centre partnership so far is this so far is this:

Jonathan Joseph & Luther Burrell - 1 (2%)

Jonathan Joseph & Kyle Eastmond - 7 (16%)

Jonathan Joseph & Henry Slade - 16 (37%)

Jonathan Joseph & Owen Farrell - 5 (11%)

Jonathan Joseph & Brad Barritt - 13 (30%)

Elliot Daly & Owen Farrell - 0 (0%)

Elliot Daly & Henry Slade - 0 (0%)

Other - 1 (2%)

If you haven't voted yet you can do so here: http://fourballsblog.blogspot.co.uk...howComment=1432031165360#c3202652556465879836

Latest posts