• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Matches that matter, brought to you by competent Pro 12 sides - Pro12: Semi-Finals

The better team by some distance won. Scarlets were clinical in attack with 15 men and impenetrable in defence with 14.

Shame that Leinster reserved their worst performance of the season for a semi final. It's still been a very good season, albeit with a disappointing end. Learn from it and move on.

Rhys Webb pulls out, Leonard in. Leonard is still a very good 9, but these little things adding up for the Ospreys.

Horrible pass out of bounds by Ospreys when they had a massive overlap. Looks like it is going down to the wire though.

Probably a better atmosphere if it was Munster vs Scarlets. Keith Earls doesn't seem to get a lot of love in these parts but I've yet to tune in when he has a noticeably worse performance than his teamates (in either jersey) and he was great for that try.

Now we finish off what we started in tribute to Axel. Rassie deserves credit regardless of final. For our deparing soldiers thank you. Scarlets are very good though.

ospreys were poor as expected, though they had more possession and territory than I expected. Couldn't do anything with the ball though. Munster were a pain all night, scored a fantastic try and were well worth their win, but I think they'll need to play better in the final to win.

no idea what happened to the ospreys in recent weeks. They're missing a few key players, Arhip, Parry in particular, but that doesn't fully explain going from scoring try's for fun to struggling to create anything at all. Very poor, and the players and coaching staff need to really analyse what went to very wrong at the business end of the season. They were playing well enough to compete for two trophies, but fizzled out completely instead. Worried for the likes of Sam Davies who seems to have lost all confidence.

******* finish them for the province and for all we've achieved. Scarlets are a good side but it's about time we added some silverware.
This is our destiny boys we have a legacy

Ospreys struggled again at the breakdown for me. Scarlets and Cardiff both put a huge amount of pressure on them there in recent games and I felt the Munster back row did exactly that. Spoiled a lot of ball, very aggressive, bordering illegal at time but the best ride that line. On top of that, Munster's defence was very good often catching Biggar on the line, and I thought Beck and Fonotia couldn't really do much thanks to that.

Two very contrasting styles for the final!

Latest posts