• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Matfield out for three weeks

M

munross

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Bulls Doctor Org Strauss has confirmed that Bulls captain Victor Matfield will not be available to play for the Bulls on Saturday and for the next three weeks.

Matfield was injured on Saturday in the Bulls' first Super 14 match at Loftus against the Reds, which was won 33-20 by the Bulls, when he tried to collect the ball from a restart.

Matfield played on after on-field treatment but was eventually replaced by fellow Springbok Danie Rossouw.

Dr Org Strauss said on Monday afternoon that Matfield has a grade one tear in his ligaments but luckily nothing was broken and therefore he will be able to make a quick return.

"I think Victor will be on the sideline for two to three weeks, but the full extent of his injury will only be known once has gone for x-rays." said Strauss on the Bulls website before the results of the x-rays came in.

Matfield's x-rays then confirmed on Monday that he had injured ligaments in his AC joint and as a result of this he will miss the games against the Blues as well as the Lions and probably also the clash against the Stormers.
Dr Org Strauss said on Monday that luckily Matfield had broken nothing and therefore he will be able to make a quick return.[/b]
Super14.com

Big blow for the Bulls, but good news for the other teams that will be facing the Bulls in this period of two to three weeks :D (<strike>hopefully the Stormers aswell</strike>) :p

Oh I can't wait, I'm going to watch the game at Loftus when the Bulls gets blown away by a strong south-easter named the Stormers :p

Would be nice actually to see Bekker and Matfield playing against each other, just as long as Matfield keeps his hands on his own ball in the line-out :lol:

Latest posts