• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Matt Stevens Signs for Saracens

M

mohamed_ali12

http://www.saracens.com/news/view.php?Id=5748

Worst news of my sporting year...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Saracens have reached agreement to sign Matt Stevens, the England international prop.

The 27-year-old will join the club on January 19, 2011, upon completion of his two-year period of ineligibility; he will not train with the Saracens squad or be integrated within the club in any way until his ban has expired.

Brendan Venter, Director of Rugby, said: “This is a massively significant signing for the club â€" it demonstrates the scale of our ambition, and it also shows that top players recognise Saracens as a well run club with a bright future. Matt is a world class prop with his best rugby ahead of him, and I’m sure he will flourish in our environment.â€

Stevens has been capped 32 times by England since 2004, and was a member of the 2005 British and Irish Lions squad.

Stevens said: “I am looking forward to launching the next phase of my rugby career at Saracens in January next year. I have many great memories and friends in Bath, but there is something special happening at Saracens and I am very eager to be part of it.â€[/b]

So much for loyalty, was convinced he'd come back to us.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Jan 25 2010, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
http://www.saracens.com/news/view.php?Id=5748

Worst news of my sporting year...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Saracens have reached agreement to sign Matt Stevens, the England international prop.

The 27-year-old will join the club on January 19, 2011, upon completion of his two-year period of ineligibility; he will not train with the Saracens squad or be integrated within the club in any way until his ban has expired.

Brendan Venter, Director of Rugby, said: “This is a massively significant signing for the club â€" it demonstrates the scale of our ambition, and it also shows that top players recognise Saracens as a well run club with a bright future. Matt is a world class prop with his best rugby ahead of him, and I’m sure he will flourish in our environment.â€

Stevens has been capped 32 times by England since 2004, and was a member of the 2005 British and Irish Lions squad.

Stevens said: “I am looking forward to launching the next phase of my rugby career at Saracens in January next year. I have many great memories and friends in Bath, but there is something special happening at Saracens and I am very eager to be part of it.â€[/b]

So much for loyalty, was convinced he'd come back to us.
[/b][/quote]

And it was only today that I was saying he might feel he owes it to Bath... Oh well, he was a good player - if he comes to us and regains his old form, plus sharpens up his scrummaging, then he could be a very good signing.

He's an idiot of the highest order for getting caught up in drugs but everybody deserves a second chance. If he shows some of the form which he did at Bath, this could be an excellent signing.

I was a bit surprised about this because Bath were saying that the door would always be open for him and then theres his cafe in Bath that he owns. Will probably be a huge jump to go to North London next season :s

f*** Stevens, it looks like they HAVE got Tonga'huia. Supposedly they're offering him the value of my house on top of what Saints have per year.

Geez not another Saffa, that Venter chap is ruining a proud English club!... Wait hold on...

Latest posts