• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Matt Williams gets chance to demoralise/ruin another team.

P

Prestwick

Well it looks like arch-knobend and generally arrogant arsehole Matt Williams has been given a new chance to coach, this time being given the reigns of Ulster, possibly being given the job tonight!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...ter/7158863.stm

My view? The way he treated the Scottish national team with slightly less contempt and disgust as the training sergeant in Full Metal Jacket did his recruits was a scandal and I'm surprised that any team wants to hire him.

good luck Ulster, they'll certainly need it. when Williams gets fired for doing rubbish he'll go on about training them for the future and that the Ulster fans are racist. just like he said earlier this year about the Scots.

good luck Ulster, they'll certainly need it. when Williams gets fired for doing rubbish he'll go on about training them for the future and that the Ulster fans are racist. just like he said earlier this year about the Scots.
[/b]

That was an incredible thing to say but didnt he have a good reputation before the Scotland job went ***s up?

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

That was an incredible thing to say but didnt he have a good reputation before the Scotland job went ***s up? [/b][/quote]

It wasn't an incredible thing to say at all, just the bitter sentiment of many Scotland fans whose dreams were shattered by two years of sheer incompetence, mismanagement and negativity from Matt Williams and his team.

He had an okay reputation with Leinster but even then he didn't really do all that well. We'll see what happens but I think anyone would be absolutely barking mad to hire him.

Williams did a damn good job with Leinster. It was he who got the best out of the Leinster backline and brought the province their only silverware in the professional era. He's a good backs coach and an excellent defense coach. The problem with Williams is that he's a rampant egomaniac who'll try claim credit for whatever he can.

The raw material is there for Ulster to turn things around under Williams. It'll be interesting to see how Rob Dewey and Simon Danielli react to his appointment though.

Williams will probably struggle.He seems the sort of coach that if there are solid foundations he place he can take the team to the next level. If the club/country is in decline with a lack of talent and belief like Ulster and with Scotland in 04-05 then he will struggle badly i feel.

Yeah exactly, Leinster were already a pretty damn good team when he took over. When he gets put in a postion where the answers arn't neccessarily obvious (like with Scotland in 04/5) then he seems to struggle and then lose all faith in the squad that he has, ending up with selecting incredibly negative teams and gameplans.

An excellent appointement for Ulster, a foreigner never has a chance with Scotland as far as I'm concerned, he did a damn fine job with Leinster, he would have won a HEC with Leinster had O'Meara not choked in the semi-final, good to see him back in Ireland and brings him into the reckoning to replace EOS in the long run.

good to see him back in Ireland and brings him into the reckoning to replace EOS in the long run. [/b]

:blink:
speechless

The mighty Bull finally drops a great turd!

Yeah exactly, Leinster were already a pretty damn good team when he took over. [/b]
Not true. Williams took over a talented team but they were far from a good team. In fact the previous coach Mike Ruddock was abysmal and left no mark in the Heineken Cup, at that point the only proving ground for the Irish teams. It took Williams to mold the team into an effective and cohesive unit capable of challenging in Europe.

<div class='quotemain'> good to see him back in Ireland and brings him into the reckoning to replace EOS in the long run. [/b]

:blink:
speechless

The mighty Bull finally drops a great turd!
[/b][/quote]
Its gonna happen

.....good to see him back in Ireland and brings him into the reckoning to replace EOS in the long run. [/b]

Oh my god! He's delerious!! Shtove! Dial 999!!! Get him some water and food! He must be suffering from malnutrition and thirst!

Don't worry An! We're getting help to you!!! HOLD ON FOR A LITTLE LONGER!!!!!

Makes sense, gives him time to sort out his family before he takes the job on, that and it's a good idea that he has nothing to do with the HEC this season, leave him concentrate on getting back there for next season, which shouldn't prove too difficult.

Latest posts