• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Matthew Morgan's Kicking!

Cofi

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Wales
His kicking against Glasgow tonight is awesome - from way inside the halfway line. As cool as you like!

Aye, Glasgow are not doing too much wrong, but when they do this lad is killing them, got a fair wind behind but massive kicks never-the-less.

Hands have let him down so far for me.

Last edited:
Aye, Glasgow are doing too much wrong, but when they do this lad is killing them, got a fair wind behind but massive kicks never-the-less.

Hands have let him down so far for me.

Mate, you're right. His kicking from hands has been good too but he's spilled the ball in the tackle and a few bad passes. What a boot though! Glasgow I think have played well - good penetrating runs from the scrum half, who's having a good game.

And Weir matches Morgan's effort from pretty much exactly the same position 57 metres out.

And Weir matches Morgan's effort from pretty much exactly the same position 57 metres out.

Great kick from Weir - we should retitle the thread! Glasgow winning well. Another great clearing kick from Weir as I type...

So glad that in the past few weeks Morgan's proved that he's more than a running 10. Could find himself in the red shirt within a year.

Unlikely unless he can learn to tackle.
He still is a way off from being Pro12 material, in regards to defence.

Yeh, his defence was shocking on occasion last night. Players just hold him at arms length and brush him off. Needs to start tackling at the ankles I think, so he makes sure he get's 'em down.

I've been impressed with his kicking game over the past two games, but he's still forcing his attacking game and making a few errors along the way. Hopefully the O's give him an extended run of games, especially when the rest of the big-guns are back and the pack get's on top, could be lethal then!

Could do with some tips from shane??? Hes made a career from being the "little guy". I know different positions, byt the princible is the same. Shane does get beat, but he makes majourity of tackles. Maybe MM could do with some time in the gym with Leigh Halfpenny??? He put on mass without loaing pace etc??

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Latest posts