Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Muzzy

Bench Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Fiji
what do you think about the mauling laws in sevens? i think it should be changed it annoys me when i see teams just hold up one player stand there and be awarded possession, like a team like Kenya, they're skinny guys they have no chance against a team like Samoa who are all big guys, all they have to do it catch one guy wrap their arms around the skinny guy stand there and they get awarded possession for that. but i think its slows down the game and they shouldn't deserve to be awarded possession just for standing still and holding a guy. what do you think?

I've never seem a maul in sevens rugby in my life.....

exciting how often do you see a maul in 7s what happens is they get the ball do like some crazy step and in it doesn't work there a ruck not a maul. the alternative is they get the ball they do a chip kick eter score or lose the ball it's a simple game no need to change the rules its the most exciting from of rugby.

LMAO what i'm talking about is when a player gets the ball, 2 or 3 guys from the opposition circle around him preventing the team from getting the ball back and all they do is hold the guy up and then they get awarded possession, i think thats bullsh*t. come on you guys know what i'm talking about right? this is happening all the time recently, it never happened before but now it happens all the time.

you see because 2 or 3 guys from the opposition held the 1 guy up, the ref has to rule that as a maul and not a ruck, and its almost impossible for the team to get the ball back once the opposition circle around him they can't do anything about it except try to bring their own player down to the ground so it can be called a ruck. and even then they'll be lucky if the ball comes back on their side. i think this is just slowing sevens down.

and the refs are really crap at refereeing these mauls as well because they're not used to "mauls" in sevens. so many times this has happened and the maul is going forward but the stupid refs award the opposition with possession even when its going forward.

Last edited:
the idea of changing the rules is rediculous and sice when did three people tackle one in 7's

do you guys watch sevens????? it happens all the time wtf man lol jeezuz. i think i'm gonna have try and find a video of this

Latest posts