• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Maynard dies at 23

SelimNiai

'Ark at ee mun!
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Bristol
Surrey have confirmed that England Lions cricketer Tom Maynard has died aged just 23.

The right-handed batsman, son of former England opener Matthew Maynard, began his professional career at Glamorgan, making his debut against Somerset in 2007.

However following his father's acrimonious split from the Welsh county, Maynard opted to sign a three-year deal with Surrey in 2011.

Maynard made a big impression at the Oval - especially in the limited overs games - with his form earning him a call-up for the England Performance squad's winter tour to Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.

In his first season at Surrey, Maynard helped guide the club to the CB 40 ***le and promotion back to Division One of the County Championship.

I used to play cricket with Tom on the outfeilds of Taunton, Sophia Gardens and St. Helens when we were young kids. It's scary, shocking and devastating news. RIP Tom

So sad and tragic

, after leaving Glamorgan he was beginning to look like a real prospect as well, a good powerful hitter and was Surrey's best batsman this year (45 average)

Very sad, indeed. Was this an accident, or on purpose? (I only ask because in the US where train service isn't as common as it is in other countries, many, if not most, people killed by train have done so on purpose.) Regardless, of course, it's very sad to see a life lost so young. My heart goes out to all who loved him.

das

LTP are treating it as non-suspicious but for the next few days we should just remember the life of this young man. I'm the same age as Tom, really hits hard

Last edited:
Having played against him at various regional age levels its sad to hear. RIP Tom.

Last edited:
23? Scary as hell and tragic, that's the start of your life.

RIP :(

Latest posts