McAlister granted All Black exemption

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by candybum, Apr 23, 2009.

1. candybum

candybum Guest

http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-news/mcalister-gra...emption-2670992

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

Good. Anyone but that hack Donald.

Still, if you're going to bend the rules to suit yourselves, why have them installed in the first place?

4. Woldog

Woldog Guest

Yeah, lets just disregard the rules by pretending we are abiding by them.

5. Jer1cho

Jer1cho Guest

I guess desperate times call for desperate measures eh?

6. Fa'atau82

Fa'atau82 Guest

Do what we say, but not as we do

7. TRUE LEGND

TRUE LEGND Guest

Thats right... Its Our way or the highway :bana:

8. InsaneAsylum

InsaneAsylum Guest

i'd take donald in my side any day over the drop goal king himself

9. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Apr 26 2009, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Oh well, don't let Australia play Munster any time soon...because we all know what happened when the All Blacks fielded Donald there now, didn't we? :D

10. Flux

Flux Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 27 2009, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Oh well, don't let Australia play Munster any time soon...because we all know what happened when the All Blacks fielded Donald there now, didn't we? :D
    [/b][/quote]

...They won?

:p

11. nam97

nam97 Guest

Anyone who says they'd take Donald over McAlister needs their head examined. I'd place Donald 4th in the no. 10 pecking order behind Carter (yeah, he's injured but still), Weepu and McAlister.

12. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flux @ Apr 26 2009, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]

...They won?

[/b][/quote]

You forgot to add that they won despite fielding Donald rather than because of fielding Donald.

13. InsaneAsylum

InsaneAsylum Guest

lol... you guys! :p maybe i need my head examined or maybe i'm just being true to my username

donald is a clear second to carter, there's no doubt about it, but playing a scrum half as a flyhalf or playing a guy who tries to steal the show each time he gets the ball but ends up f***ing up royally, then that's to the detriment of the all blacks.

14. Flux

Flux Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 27 2009, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Didn't Donald score a try?

But, no, you're right. He's absolutely rubbish. Should never wear the black jersey again, radi radi raah.

For the record, InsaneAsylum, I'd say Donald has a tendency to back himself a little too much with ball in hand as well. I haven't seen McAlister playing up North, but hopefully it's helped him get over himself... If only so that the NZRU can over inflate his ego by breaking the rules for him.

The answer to the All Blacks' problems with Dan Carter's back-up is Stephen Brett.

15. InsaneAsylum

InsaneAsylum Guest

fair call flux, i'm not a fan of donald's chip kick to himself. worked a few times last year but has failed miserably this year when trying to employ it.

16. DaKine

DaKine Guest

I'd say donald is alright by me as his Super 14 form has been fantastic. He's the leading point scorer out of all NZ and 3rd overall thus far.

17. Flux

Flux Guest

He just needs to make better choices. I suppose that'll only come through more game time, though.

18. William18

William18 Guest

I don't think Donald can make the tough step up to international level. He's too erratic. I would take him over Weepu who really should be playing half back but I would have more confidence in McAllister, Carter and Brett. I think it's good the NZRU made an exemption to the rule. The rule is meant to stop players playing their domestic rugby overseas and also playing for the all blacks. McAlister will definately be player in the S14 next year so I don't see what the problem is. It's good the NZRU can be flexible.

19. Nickdnz

Nickdnz Guest

I actully like Donald, however he just dosn't have the fifth gear to play in the All Blacks. I am a bit of a fan of Jimmy Gopperth and think he should deserve a test, however much like Donald, I don't think he can go the extra mile to be an All Black. McAllister I think tries to be a little too tricky however I look forward to seeing him playing again for New Zealand.

While the NZRU can be flexible, it isn't really fair to say "No you can't do that" to some players, and then say "Yes you can do that" because they are needed.

20. tommowins

tommowins Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Apr 28 2009, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I never really rated McAlister myself. But I agree with Gopperth. I don't think he could ever get as a full-time AllBlack but he should be given a try sometime, he has been playing well in the S14 this season.

What about Dan Bowden (DB)?

21. nam97

nam97 Guest

Just wondering, how many people here rate Willie Ripia as a no. 10? I'm not saying he's All Black material or anything but I reckon he definitely has the goods.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!