• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
S

snoopy snoopy dog dog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/magn...er-1897933.html

By Brendan Fanning

Sunday September 27 2009

Munster coach Tony McGahan has knocked back interest from both Queensland and Melbourne in recent months in favour of extending his stay at Munster where his contract is due to expire at the end of the season.

McGahan is already in talks with Munster, whom he joined originally as defence coach in December 2005. If all goes well, the new contract should be signed in November and would take him up to 2012.

"There's been a fair bit of interest from both parties in Australia but I hope to finalise things with Munster in the near future," McGahan said. "I was flattered by the interest from home but I'm very happy here and I feel we have a lot of work to do yet."

Melbourne were in touch several times with McGahan when he was in Australia on holidays in June. They are pushing hard to become the 15th franchise in Super rugby, while Queensland parted company two weeks ago with their coach Phil Mooney, cutting a year off his three-year deal after they finished 12th and 13th in successive Super 14 seasons.

McGahan is a native of Queensland and coached their A and U19 sides in 2004 before going to Japan to run the IBM team. He was recruited by Munster halfway through the 2005/06 season which culminated in the province's first European Cup win.

He succeeded Declan Kidney as head coach last summer and took them to the semi-finals of Europe as well as becoming Magners League champions for the third time.[/b]
I think he's done an excellent job with Munster. Players like Earls, O'Leary, Warwick, Ronan, Mafi and Fogarty have improved no end since he took over from Declan Kidney.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Sep 27 2009, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/magn...er-1897933.html

By Brendan Fanning

Sunday September 27 2009

Munster coach Tony McGahan has knocked back interest from both Queensland and Melbourne in recent months in favour of extending his stay at Munster where his contract is due to expire at the end of the season.

McGahan is already in talks with Munster, whom he joined originally as defence coach in December 2005. If all goes well, the new contract should be signed in November and would take him up to 2012.

"There's been a fair bit of interest from both parties in Australia but I hope to finalise things with Munster in the near future," McGahan said. "I was flattered by the interest from home but I'm very happy here and I feel we have a lot of work to do yet."

Melbourne were in touch several times with McGahan when he was in Australia on holidays in June. They are pushing hard to become the 15th franchise in Super rugby, while Queensland parted company two weeks ago with their coach Phil Mooney, cutting a year off his three-year deal after they finished 12th and 13th in successive Super 14 seasons.

McGahan is a native of Queensland and coached their A and U19 sides in 2004 before going to Japan to run the IBM team. He was recruited by Munster halfway through the 2005/06 season which culminated in the province's first European Cup win.

He succeeded Declan Kidney as head coach last summer and took them to the semi-finals of Europe as well as becoming Magners League champions for the third time.[/b]
I think he's done an excellent job with Munster. Players like Earls, O'Leary, Warwick, Ronan, Mafi and Fogarty have improved no end since he took over from Declan Kidney.
[/b][/quote]
Must agree, has developed a game style i didn't think Munster could play and between himself and Fisher the improvement has been massive and glad that he commited to Munster as he is what we need

Latest posts