• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Media

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Apr 26 2006, 02:41 AM
The Chinese media. Mainly because they are only allowed to say certain things. Kind of removes the point of having any media at all.
Sounds like Fox News :p .

Now Now Sanzar - the Chinese media don't have the "No Spin Zone" with Bill O'Reilly.

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 26 2006, 06:11 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Apr 26 2006, 02:41 AM
The Chinese media. Mainly because they are only allowed to say certain things. Kind of removes the point of having any media at all.
Sounds like Fox News :p . [/b]
Of course if Fox promoted your crackpot liberal views they would be the greatest thing since the Kyoto Protocol.

Originally posted by Ripper+Apr 26 2006, 06:34 PM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 26 2006, 06:11 PM

Of course if Fox promoted your crackpot liberal views they would be the greatest thing since the Kyoto Protocol. [/b]
The kyoto protocol? What's so great about that?

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Apr 26 2006, 06:23 PM
Now Now Sanzar - the Chinese media don't have the "No Spin Zone" with Bill O'Reilly.
:D . That's a plus rep call for mine :bravo: .

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 26 2006, 07:48 PM-->
Originally posted by Ripper@Apr 26 2006, 06:34 PM

Of course if Fox promoted your crackpot liberal views they would be the greatest thing since the Kyoto Protocol.
The kyoto protocol? What's so great about that? [/b]
I don't know, seems to be the pride and joy of the left though, at least in New Zealand.

Nothing pleases the left more then seeing $500,000,000 flushed down the drain.

Originally posted by Ripper+Apr 26 2006, 06:50 PM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 26 2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Ripper@Apr 26 2006, 06:34 PM

The kyoto protocol? What's so great about that?
I don't know, seems to be the pride and joy of the left, at least in New Zealand.

Nothing pleases the left more then seeing $500,000,000 flushed down the drain. [/b]
I'm writing an analysis on the Kyoto protocol right now, 2500 word essay, and I'll tell you, the Kyoto protocol doesn't do bugger all... even if it had the US on board it would be virtually ineffectual on climate change as it still considers China and India to be developing nations (because when the original treaty, the UNFCCC, was written up in 92', they were) and therefore don't need to comply, and also because the overall reduction of emissions target is only about 5% anyway...

We're f***ed as far as the climate goes, I'm pretty sure of that, and no treaty is gonna fix it unless there is a new efficient, cheap and clean form of energy that suddenly takes the world by strom and changes the market reliance.

Talk about wasting money though, did you know the US military budget is currently 3 quarters of a TRILLION dollars? and they're still stuck in Iraq! It's a wonder that more americans aren't ****** at seeing their tax dollars wasted while their education, welfare and health systems is being flushed down the toilet along with their civil rights...

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 26 2006, 08:49 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Apr 26 2006, 06:23 PM
:D . That's a plus rep call for mine :bravo: . [/b]
I'm just as much an old cynic as yourself mate. ;)

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Apr 26 2006, 07:26 PM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 26 2006, 08:49 AM

I'm just as much an old cynic as yourself mate. ;) [/b]
Oh good. This place needs people like us to balance out all this positive "faith in humanity" crap that hippies like Ripper carry on with :%#%#: :bana: .

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 26 2006, 09:19 PM-->
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Apr 26 2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 26 2006, 08:49 AM

I'm just as much an old cynic as yourself mate. ;)
Oh good. This place needs people like us to balance out all this positive "faith in humanity" crap that hippies like Ripper carry on with :%#%#: :bana: . [/b]
Laugh out loud.

man, this is why i love the forum, because totally irrelevant stuff would come up in every single thread! this one turns from a media to hippies, to univ, to jews.. :S

Originally posted by Quintes+Apr 26 2006, 12:06 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Groen_en_Goud
@Apr 25 2006, 09:18 AM
24 years of living in Perth, I have to say the Western Australian media are the most sensationalist, garbage producers.
Wow Man G&G, you've lived your whole life in Perth and still support the boks? It's amaszing you've not been turned yet.[/b]
My bloed hardloop groen.
I'm one of these guys that will never turn on anything, or anyone. My heart, soul, and blood is South African.

Originally posted by Groen_en_Goud+Apr 26 2006, 11:34 PM-->
Originally posted by Quintes@Apr 26 2006, 12:06 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Groen_en_Goud
@Apr 25 2006, 09:18 AM
24 years of living in Perth, I have to say the Western Australian media are the most sensationalist, garbage producers.

Wow Man G&G, you've lived your whole life in Perth and still support the boks? It's amaszing you've not been turned yet.
My bloed hardloop groen.
I'm one of these guys that will never turn on anything, or anyone. My heart, soul, and blood is South African. [/b]
You sound like a Souths fan :D .

Originally posted by kinkon89+Apr 26 2006, 11:34 AM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 26 2006, 07:10 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
@Apr 26 2006, 08:00 PM
btw sanzar wat uni u go to?

UNSW, why?
na just askin...recently went on an excursion to sydney uni..and for the first time of my life..i saw a jewish person in real life.

thats all.. [/b]
Hey so now you're into Jews, check out this one:

http://www.abum.com/show/2118/1448721413.wmv

Groen en goud , that's pretty cool man, but I am sure you have an aussie accent when you speak english though eh?

Sorry guys don't mean to go off topic so I'll contribute to the topic, I think the worst thing the media does is to teach kids how to complain or "nag". Marketing firms have actual statistics that they use to measure how the "nag" factor in kids influence sales. Advertisers are evil, just ask Bill Hicks....don't mean to sound like a hippie here but seriously the worst thing in the world is sportsmen advertising coca cola and sprite on television man, it's like totally bad man, not only does the **** rot your teeth but the containers aren't exactly environmentally friendly man, advertisers are always out there sucking goatboy's c0ck...

Latest posts