• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Meet Up? - All Blacks vs Wallabies in Hong Koong - October '08

C

Caledfwlch

I just saw on Rugbyheave.co.nz that a ABs vs Wallabies one off test might be on the cards in October. This will happen when the ABs are en route to their GRAND SLAM VICTORY AGAIN(YEA) !!!

So this will end after my internship, I think. Hopefully I would have saved enough money to make my girlfriend happy, and then take a flight to HK for this test. Just playing with the idea.

Anyone knows what the average the ticket prices for a test match like that? Hope it isn't too expensive. I was thinking on say flying there for 24 hrs and then catching the next plane home to Singapore and shopping around while waiting in transit. Maybe on these funky new budget airlines that have sprung up in the region. 3-4 hours flight to HK. See if I can tempt the other Singapore TRF member, Lankan, along. He's serving his conscription though. Might have problems taking leave.

Anyone game?

On the day of the test match? How do you even know that? I don't think the date has been confirmed yet....Right?

:ph34r: I thought it said "8th of October" but it actually said October 08. Apologies :huh:

Nothing has been confirmed yet for this game. I've already contacted the ARU who have promised to let me know when it may be. As soon as that happens - my tickets are booked and I'm on the plane!

How long will these things take to confirm?

I want to do the Wallabies-England, Wales, Barbarians triple weekend but the ******** won't confirm exact dates!

What's the stadium like in Hong Kong btw, capacity and the such?

I reckon if it's slated for October, we should find out by the end of the Super 14, say May? Most likely it will be the same stadia as is used for the HK Sevens, so about 40,000 pax will fit - the perfect size for a game, everyone will be nice and close to the action.

Just done a google image search for the stadium, it looks bloody nice. Can't wait till it happens!

How long will these things take to confirm?

I want to do the Wallabies-England, Wales, Barbarians triple weekend but the ******** won't confirm exact dates!

What's the stadium like in Hong Kong btw, capacity and the such?
[/b]

I guess it will be in the same stadium used for the Sevens. If that's so, it's a 40,000 seater, a nice stadium but not exactly humongous in terms of capacity.

Latest posts