• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Melbourne Cup Challenge

C

C A Iversen

Righto guys, if this ***le turns out to be an awesome online experience, who's going to come online with me and doubtlessly AK47 to either punt on the nags, or race them down the home straight?

We could even have a TRF League, or something like that. If the facilities allow, we could race or bred and trained horses against each other and have a points table posted up, etc.

We could allow each TRF member to have two horses in their stable, and hold a season against each other, or something.

What will you name your two horseys, eh?

Lets have some names then....those interested and yer possible horse names.

C A Iversen - Rick Rude & Robbedofthetrophy - Xbox or PC
Woosaah - Carlosblowsgoats & ? - Platform ?
dobrien7 - ? & ? - Platform ?
AK47 - Hoof Hearted & ? - Platform N/A (Sadly)

You know it makes horse-sense....

yeah ill be in, what platform is everyone getting it on though? if its live then i ll have to be out as i only have online on pc. and lets just say the my xbox is unable to do live.

but pc for me

as for horse names, ill get back to ya :)

though my fav would be carlosblowsgoats

I havent got the broadband at home guys, so I will be there in spirit

But my horse will be called "Hoof Hearted"

Cant wait to see what audio comes out of that name down the back stretch

Originally posted by Mario
We have something on the way prior to release that may keep you entertained. More details in the next couple of days...

Just quoting Mario from the MCC forums, could be a demo. Expectations are very low but thinking of the possibilities for the exposure of the game it would be a good idea.

Originally posted by ak47
I havent got the broadband at home guys, so I will be there in spirit

But my horse will be called "Hoof Hearted"

Cant wait to see what audio comes out of that name down the back stretch

sounds good ak, you could be in our virtual league, someone could record it and upload it for you to watch o_O :)

guys can you please post some feedback of this demo

i cant do anything with my work pc

guess what i am downloading when i get home

no not that

oh maybe

but yes i will download this :)

guys can you please post some feedback of this demo

i cant do anything with my work pc
[/b]
I think it is great, I'm probably now leaning towards the PC version for online play, modding and so on. But it really is good, the camera footage and commentary when viewing races in betting mode is really good imo, just like real life.
The betting party is a blast, just had a go with the olds and it was really quite exciting watching our horses race like watching it on TV with all the various angles, fantastic!. This coming from a newbie to horse racing games, I can not wait for this game...so I'll keep playing the demo!.

right, i was really looking forward to this game, but not so sure now.
ill still probably get it as i like supporting sidhe.

but anyway my thoughts...

I had 1 race (only had time for one race) came first. lead through the whole race til near the end. pulled back on the rains and then hoofed it and won by a big margin, i am pretty sure it was on easy, and i didnt have a clue what i was doing. it was a bit like the horse racing simulator/manager game that cianide put out a while ago.

did the betting thing, that was boing if you are playing by yourself, if you ahve more people i guess this could be funish, but i guess everyone would want to have some interest in horse racing. but if you did want to bet on the horses it would be better to do it in real life. first time i took the favourite, it finished near the back of the pack, the second time i took a trifector of 2 of the favs and number 4, i think i got one horse 4th and that was it. seams a bit random.

graphics, now i didnt turn them up full (was tempted to but my gf came over) the cut scene before the race looked pretty good, but the game itself, meh wasnt to impressed. they all seamed to ahve the same animation for running and if they are all in sinc then it just looks like they are dancing like cheerleaders or something.

the audio...

very average imo, the league was well done, where this is pretty average. if i get this game, the audio is the thing that will let it down for me the most. it had random horses in the races (i guess they are random) and it dint sound right as some horses had a different pitch for each name sounded like a prepubesent boy sometimes. and some of the other comentary was 2 repetitive

thats my view after 1 race and 2 bets :)

right, i was really looking forward to this game, but not so sure now.
ill still probably get it as i like supporting sidhe.

but anyway my thoughts...

I had 1 race (only had time for one race) came first. lead through the whole race til near the end. pulled back on the rains and then hoofed it and won by a big margin, i am pretty sure it was on easy, and i didnt have a clue what i was doing. it was a bit like the horse racing simulator/manager game that cianide put out a while ago.

did the betting thing, that was boing if you are playing by yourself, if you ahve more people i guess this could be funish, but i guess everyone would want to have some interest in horse racing. but if you did want to bet on the horses it would be better to do it in real life. first time i took the favourite, it finished near the back of the pack, the second time i took a trifector of 2 of the favs and number 4, i think i got one horse 4th and that was it. seams a bit random.

graphics, now i didnt turn them up full (was tempted to but my gf came over) the cut scene before the race looked pretty good, but the game itself, meh wasnt to impressed. they all seamed to ahve the same animation for running and if they are all in sinc then it just looks like they are dancing like cheerleaders or something.

the audio...

very average imo, the league was well done, where this is pretty average. if i get this game, the audio is the thing that will let it down for me the most. it had random horses in the races (i guess they are random) and it dint sound right as some horses had a different pitch for each name sounded like a prepubesent boy sometimes. and some of the other comentary was 2 repetitive

thats my view after 1 race and 2 bets :)
[/b]

:eek:

Wow woosaah, thats is in stark contrast to views from everyone else

u have handed down the first "not so sure about this" feedback :)

hey the audio is a 1st for this genre - no other game has commentary, so its better than nothing even if its a little scewiff

keep playing man, coz i value ur opinion moreso than most on the sidhe forums.....actually it wont matter i am buying this game purely so i can race at my local tracks....whether it be good or not, it wont matter.............its like too local for me to surpass.....and i love the racing!!!

:bravo: :D

the comentary reminds me of the early richie benaue(sp) in the cricket. very stop start and didnt really flow, but yes it is the first game with its own comentary.

i might have another quick race or 2, ill see if i can record a race and upload it for ya if you like :)

screw that, it came out to about 700mb with fraps o_O

and i cant be bothered compressing it :)

omg this is seriously badass guys.

had 3 races on the demo so far.

1st race went too fast and had nothing left for the home straight and finished 13th

second race lasted a bit longer but still went a bit early and got run down with 250m too go amd finished 12th

third race started off fast early then slowed down and waited in behind the leaders then with about 400 to go went around the leaders and had enough to win fairly easily.

I am not into horse racing games at all but this defintely has everything I like in a game. you have to think about where you are in the race etc and your horse even has prefered postioning on where it wants to be. you have to decide when to make your run otherwise you get mowed down by going to early. will defintely consider buying this game now

i had a race where i was leading from the start, then right near the end kicked in the whip and won by alot, yet to lose a race.

I think it is mainly because it is on easy you can win fairly easily.

I think on higher difficuilties the positioning and timing of your run will be more important than it is in the demo.

Latest posts