• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Melbourne vs Broncos

G

Gay-Guy

What a finish...this game was worthy of a grand final. I was almost cryng watching half the players collapse in heartbreak right at the end while the other half look at each other in disbelief that they had gotten out of jail and scored at the death.

4 minutes to go 14 - 12 to Broncos. Broncos attacking the Storm tryline.....a second rower barges over the line. Bennet, the crowd and the Broncos players all celeberate a victory at Suncorp. The ref calls for the TMO.

Replays show the Broncos player barging over and rolling a few times but the Storm players incredibly hold him up!

3 minutes to go. The Storm try and break out. They get to the other side of the field.

2 minutes to go. The Storm is 30 metres from the line and in desperation go wide to the left where Billy Slater gets a half chance and slices through a half gap. The defence closes on him and at the 20 metres mark as Slater attempts the pass to players on the outside he knocks it on. The Storm drop their heads....their coach holds his head in his hands in defeat.

1 minute to go. 15 metres in from their own goal line the Broncos pack a scrum. They take a few tackles from the scrum. They just need to play the set out and then kick for the lie and it is all over.

30 seconds to go. 20 metres from their line a third hit up from the Broncos has the player getting tackled low.....another Storm player goes in for a hard hit up high. The Broncos player loses the ball forward! The Storm pick it up take it up to 5 metres under the post.

15 seconds to go. The Storm pass the ball to the left and go for the corner post. Broncos players rush up....but they are one player short. Storm winger gets the ball and dives over in the corner! 16-14 to Melbourne! Lockyer and all the Broncos players immediately collapse to the ground holding their heads in their hands and do not get up for a full 5 minutes. The Storm players are celebrating but in disbelief. Their coach is going bananas. The conversion is missed, the game is over but no one consoles the Broncos players as they sit their alone in ther despair.....still in shock. The Storm players are afraid to console the Broncos players because of the extent of the despair is so thick in the air.

It is one of the most heartbreaking scenes if you are a Broncos supporter....and probably even if you are a Storm supporter because it could very well have been game over for the Storm.....they know this so their celebrations are more out of relief than joy.

Great summary mate.

The shots of Lockyer told the whole story and him saying it was the worst feeling ever...

What a game though.

I love this game!. Greatest game on earth.

GO THE WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First I want to tell you about your good summary of match, try journalist career friend

Second is that I adore sports drama

Drama-icon.png

I agree it was grand final worthy! aww i so wanted the broncos to hang on ay but i think most of them towards the end was just exhausted. Who was that that dropped the ball? he must be feeling sh*t lol. I mean everyone was thinking that was the game it was over, broncos in the final 4 after Slater dropped it. the cruel twist of fate.

Great game! the value of the salary cap aye.

increadable game. these finals games is why what i love in league. you get the teams like sharks and sea eagles, dick their team, then a complete upset of the warriors, and a tight battle for the broncos and roosters. then you have another epic game for the broncos, who lost to melborne, and a great game by the warriors. and great stuff to look foward to!

warriors vs manly, and sharks vs storm. and its actually looking very promising for the warriors. they have their fullback back, and manly arnt THAT hard to beat away from home. then you have a tired storm team, who has already lost to us, or sharks who will have a tough battle against the storm. its shaping up to be great.

back to last nights game though. it was epic. i was keeping a eye on it at work, but closed at the 2nd half, but i looked up and thought, f***, 12-0 broncos, im not picking melborne to completely self destruct in the finals like this. but got home, and saw a broncos try (the delayed game on prime) then saw the last half hour, twenty minutes and was very much entertained, completing my multi at the tab tbw, along with warriors, warriors u20 and st helens all head to head, with a $25 return off a $5 bet (unfortunalty only making my money back on the other 4 bets i made :( )

What about with four minutes to go the Broncos put the the kick into the in-goal area.....Slater gets tackled and does not make it back out. The heads of the Storm players drop as they have been under the pump for a bit on their line. So in desperation needing possession they do a short goal line drop out. The ball is dropped kicked OUT ON THE FULL! Surely it is all over now for the Storm as the Broncos pack a scrum and attack the line. The guy who made the mistake of the drop out tackles a Broncos player and incredibly GETS THE ONE ON ONE STRIP! The Storm now have the ball and this is the set that gets them into the Broncos half.

Just wrote a 20minute post on the game then mozilla shuts down the page :(

I'll summarise what I said by saying I was one of the 50,000 Broncos fans absolutely devastated after the game. :(\

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Sep 21 2008, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What about with four minutes to go the Broncos put the the kick into the in-goal area.....Slater gets tackled and does not make it back out. The heads of the Storm players drop as they have been under the pump for a bit on their line. So in desperation needing possession they do a short goal line drop out. The ball is dropped kicked OUT ON THE FULL! Surely it is all over now for the Storm as the Broncos pack a scrum and attack the line. The guy who made the mistake of the drop out tackles a Broncos player and incredibly GETS THE ONE ON ONE STRIP! The Storm now have the ball and this is the set that gets them into the Broncos half.[/b]

Yes!! what a moment! i couldnt belive it!!!! like i said i was only backing melborne for money reasons, but just wanted a good game, and got it. when that drop kick went haywire, i was like, you gimp!!! cracked under pressure, melborne selfdestructing at the finals. but that strip!! amazing.

Outstanding game of rugby league. How on earth did Billy Slater get his boot under that ball in the penultimate set?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 26 2008, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Outstanding game of rugby league. How on earth did Billy Slater get his boot under that ball in the penultimate set?[/b]

Because he possesses godlike abilities dan. :wub: :bana:

All i have to say is.

Melbourne>>>>>>Pony Club

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Sep 26 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 26 2008, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Outstanding game of rugby league. How on earth did Billy Slater get his boot under that ball in the penultimate set?[/b]

All i have to say is.

Melbourne>>>>>>Pony Club
[/b][/quote]

bandwagoner

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Sep 26 2008, 05:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 26 2008, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All i have to say is.

Melbourne>>>>>>Pony Club
[/b][/quote]

Billy Slater has the defensive positioning of a wheelbarrow.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Sep 26 2008, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Sep 26 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All i have to say is.

Melbourne>>>>>>Pony Club
[/b][/quote]

bandwagoner

[/b][/quote]

**** off :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 26 2008, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Sep 26 2008, 05:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All i have to say is.

Melbourne>>>>>>Pony Club
[/b][/quote]

Billy Slater has the defensive positioning of a wheelbarrow.
[/b][/quote]

Since when did backs do the defending? :huh: anyway he cant be that bad anyone his size who can stop ben hannant possesses some defensive abilities.

lol ben hannant is a ***** and he didnt really stop him with his great defensive powers he stuck his foot under the ball

Latest posts