• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Melhor Time nominations

M

Melhor Time

NH player of the year: O'Driscoll (IRL)

SH player of the year: McCaw (NZL)

Try of the year: Heymans (France) vs New Zealand, Wellington, June.

International debutant of the year: Brussow (South Africa)

Hard Luck story: Contepomi (Leinster) - injured in the semi final of the Heineken Cup. After years of strong play for Leinster he gets hurt and misses his long awaited H Cup final.

Rise to fame story: Julien Dupuy (France) - couldn't make the Biarritz team in ranc and became a star at Leicester. Is now France's leading 9.

Overrated waste: Morne Steyn (South Africa) - all the talk of a star. Yet he has nothing except a boot.

International achievement of the year: Japan's record breaking two test win over Canada.

Game of the year: Japan vs Fiji

Team of the year: Ireland

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Melhor Time @ Nov 29 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Overrated waste: Morne Steyn (South Africa) - all the talk of a star. Yet he has nothing except a boot.[/b]

You think the Bulls won the Super 14, Currie Cup, and helping his team beat the Lions is an overrated waste who is nothing except a boot? What a **** statement to make. Unnecessary, childish, and completely unfair.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 29 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Melhor Time @ Nov 29 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Overrated waste: Morne Steyn (South Africa) - all the talk of a star. Yet he has nothing except a boot.[/b]

You think the Bulls won the Super 14, Currie Cup, and helping his team beat the Lions is an overrated waste who is nothing except a boot? What a **** statement to make. Unnecessary, childish, and completely unfair.
[/b][/quote]

Or just plain wrong

Okay, so why doesn´t everyone list their choice of a player in this catergory then.

I know plenty of Kiwis and Australians who think he is useless. In the Tri Nations he was merely a kicker. Vs France he was utterly poor. In my opinion the guy is not an international flyhalf. Yet, the websites say he is the new great flyhalf.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Melhor Time @ Nov 29 2009, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Okay, so why doesn´t everyone list their choice of a player in this catergory then.

I know plenty of Kiwis and Australians who think he is useless. In the Tri Nations he was merely a kicker. Vs France he was utterly poor. In my opinion the guy is not an international flyhalf. Yet, the websites say he is the new great flyhalf.[/b]

Pssst. He's a fly half. Thats his job.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Nov 29 2009, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Melhor Time @ Nov 29 2009, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know plenty of Kiwis and Australians who think he is useless. In the Tri Nations he was merely a kicker. Vs France he was utterly poor. In my opinion the guy is not an international flyhalf. Yet, the websites say he is the new great flyhalf.[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Its not 1975 anymore.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Melhor Time @ Nov 29 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Nov 29 2009, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Melhor Time @ Nov 29 2009, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Its not 1975 anymore.
[/b][/quote]
No it's not but as Argentina proved in the last WC a good kicker coupled with a strong pack can take you places.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Melhor Time @ Nov 29 2009, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Okay, so why doesn´t everyone list their choice of a player in this catergory then.[/b]

Andy Powell B) Allthough, it seems it's just the Welsh coaches who rate him.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Nov 29 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Melhor Time @ Nov 29 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Nov 29 2009, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Its not 1975 anymore.
[/b][/quote]
No it's not but as Argentina proved in the last WC a good kicker coupled with a strong pack can take you places.
[/b][/quote]

That Argentina team still had plenty of flair though, remember those tries against France?

England looked reasonably "flair-ish" against Ireland last year... People forget that Ireland happened to be utterly pathetic that day though.

From what I remember, If your favourite player didn't play one of the worst matches of his career, we would have won by 15-20 points. You did score a nice try, but wasn't it in the 79th minute?

12: Shane Horgan
Coach: Eddie O'Sullivan

The above is why I had successfully blocked that match out until a minute ago.

You *******!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 30 2009, 01:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Melhor Time @ Nov 29 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

How many teams do you support?

Latest posts