Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 Bundle FTW!

Discussion in 'General Gaming Chat' started by Radman, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Radman

Radman Guest

Take a look at this. Not sure if this box shot is official or not but It includes a Dual Shock 3 and a copy of the game. It will retail for $499USD. I will join the next generation of gamers when this is released. Can't wait!. The game is due out in June. The Dual shock will be released on it's own 2 months earlier.

[​IMG]

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. melon

melon Guest

Fark me sideways! Thats mint!

I might be joining the next generations sooner than I thought...

Oh I just noticed. US$499...so thats AU$532, and because we're in Australia we'll be slugged $550, then I'll have to buy a remote and other random rubbish so $600+ is a very real possibility :(. Might not be joing the next G as soon I thought...

4. sanzar

sanzar Guest

OK! Well that's that settled then... apparently I'm getting a PS3 and not a 360 or Wii (though Metroid Prime 3 might convince me to get a Wii).
    I wonder how much this will be in Japan (which is where I am right now).

5. nam97

nam97 Guest

Might get a PS3 sometime soon as I am staying at home this year so will actually have money, unlike last year where my student loan of $150 a week disappeared in a day on **** ups and such. Also, 10 papers (not that I chose them, we have to take the bloody things) at uni is a bit much when you are in a flat full of drunken idiots.

So yeah, if I have the money I'll probably grab one and then go a month without having any money but meh.

6. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

I never understood the mass appeal of Metal Gear Solid, what with its horrible repetitive gameplay and hour long cut scenes.

Each to their own.

7. sanzar

sanzar Guest

The gameplay isn't as repetative as a game like say HALO, which it hasn't suffered as a result (though personally I never got the popularity of the HALO games... second rate run of the mill shooters when compared to any solid PC shooter if you ask me - a minority view, but I'm by no means alone: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/v...ctuation-Halo-3). The cutscenes are very much an individual thing, it's like playing through a film. If you'd rather not do that then you won't get MGS, but if you like the crazy stories and stealth based action then it's a very appealing series.

8. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

As stealth games go, it's had the **** kicked out of it by many others (Splinter Cell, Theif and Assasins Creed). The original was a landmark game and the 2nd was a shining example of what visuals the PS2 could do, but it has nothing to offer the world anymore - When the big things about MGS4 are the ability to turn invisible or driving a South African kicking tee buggy around, you realise you've seen it all before and it wasn't all that good 6 years ago.

As for Halo 3, I agree it offers nothing new to the FPS genre - but everything it does, it does perfectly.

9. The Metal Gear series is outstanding, I love every one of them. I cannot wait for this game to come out. This might make me collect the set although a smaller version of the console might be needed first.

10. Radman

Radman Guest

Good point about the size, the slim is years away I reckon. Makes me wonder what game in the future will debut with it. Maybe GTA5?, I got a slim PS2 when San Andreas debuted... you never know.

11. I'll wait and see. Although if it comes to the 360 my need for a PS3 doesn't half reduce.

12. Robberson

Robberson Junior Member

Country Flag:

Andorra

Club or Nation:

Alumni

I might be joining the next generations sooner than I thought...

Oh I just noticed. US$499...so thats AU$532, and because we're in Australia we'll be slugged $550, then I'll have to buy a remote and other random rubbish so $600+ is a very real possibility :(. Might not be joing the next G as soon I thought...

13. TRF_nickdnz

TRF_nickdnz Super Moderator

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Hurricanes

Lol, this thread is three years old man...

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!