• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 Bundle FTW!

R

Radman

Take a look at this. Not sure if this box shot is official or not but It includes a Dual Shock 3 and a copy of the game. It will retail for $499USD. I will join the next generation of gamers when this is released. Can't wait!. The game is due out in June. The Dual shock will be released on it's own 2 months earlier.

6tpph4.jpg

Fark me sideways! Thats mint!

I might be joining the next generations sooner than I thought...

Oh I just noticed. US$499...so thats AU$532, and because we're in Australia we'll be slugged $550, then I'll have to buy a remote and other random rubbish so $600+ is a very real possibility :(. Might not be joing the next G as soon I thought...

OK! Well that's that settled then... apparently I'm getting a PS3 and not a 360 or Wii (though Metroid Prime 3 might convince me to get a Wii).
I wonder how much this will be in Japan (which is where I am right now).

Might get a PS3 sometime soon as I am staying at home this year so will actually have money, unlike last year where my student loan of $150 a week disappeared in a day on **** ups and such. Also, 10 papers (not that I chose them, we have to take the bloody things) at uni is a bit much when you are in a flat full of drunken idiots.

So yeah, if I have the money I'll probably grab one and then go a month without having any money but meh.

I never understood the mass appeal of Metal Gear Solid, what with its horrible repetitive gameplay and hour long cut scenes.

Each to their own.

I never understood the mass appeal of Metal Gear Solid, what with its horrible repetitive gameplay and hour long cut scenes.

Each to their own. [/b]

The gameplay isn't as repetative as a game like say HALO, which it hasn't suffered as a result (though personally I never got the popularity of the HALO games... second rate run of the mill shooters when compared to any solid PC shooter if you ask me - a minority view, but I'm by no means alone: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/v...ctuation-Halo-3). The cutscenes are very much an individual thing, it's like playing through a film. If you'd rather not do that then you won't get MGS, but if you like the crazy stories and stealth based action then it's a very appealing series.

As stealth games go, it's had the **** kicked out of it by many others (Splinter Cell, Theif and Assasins Creed). The original was a landmark game and the 2nd was a shining example of what visuals the PS2 could do, but it has nothing to offer the world anymore - When the big things about MGS4 are the ability to turn invisible or driving a South African kicking tee buggy around, you realise you've seen it all before and it wasn't all that good 6 years ago.

As for Halo 3, I agree it offers nothing new to the FPS genre - but everything it does, it does perfectly.

The Metal Gear series is outstanding, I love every one of them. I cannot wait for this game to come out. This might make me collect the set although a smaller version of the console might be needed first.

The Metal Gear series is outstanding, I love every one of them. I cannot wait for this game to come out. This might make me collect the set although a smaller version of the console might be needed first. [/b]

Good point about the size, the slim is years away I reckon. Makes me wonder what game in the future will debut with it. Maybe GTA5?, I got a slim PS2 when San Andreas debuted... you never know.

I'll wait and see. Although if it comes to the 360 my need for a PS3 doesn't half reduce.

Oh I just noticed. US$499...so thats AU$532, and because we're in Australia we'll be slugged $550, then I'll have to buy a remote and other random rubbish so $600+ is a very real possibility :(. Might not be joing the next G as soon I thought...

Lol, this thread is three years old man...

Latest posts