• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Michael Vick

S

steynboi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4ssXBzlCdc

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Highlights of one of the most exciting players in NFL history.

Vick averaged more yards per carry than any player in the history of the game.

He holds the record for a single game (min 10 att), single season and a career.

Highest Average Gain, Game (Min. 10 attempts)

17.30 Michael Vick, Atlanta vs. Minnesota, Dec. 1, 2002 (OT) (10-173)
17.09 Marion Motley, Cleveland vs. Pittsburgh, Oct. 29, 1950 (11-188)
16.70 Bill Grimes, Green Bay vs. N.Y. Yanks, Oct. 8, 1950 (10-167)

Highest Average Gain, Season
(Min. 100 attempts)

8.45 Michael Vick, Atlanta, 2006 (123-1,039)
8.44 Beattie Feathers, Chi. Bears, 1934 (119-1,004)
7.98 Randall Cunningham, Philadelphia 1990 (118-942)

Highest Average Gain, Career (Min. 500 attempts)

7.29 Michael Vick, Atlanta, 2001-06
6.36 Randall Cunningham, Philadelphia 1985-1995; Minnesota, 1997-99; Dallas, 2000; Baltimore, 2001 (775-4,928)
5.22 Jim Brown, Cleveland, 1957-1965 (2,359-12,312)
5.14 Eugene (Mercury) Morris, Miami, 1969-1975; San Diego, 1976 (804-4,133)[/b]

He is finally out of prison :). Does anyone other than the NFL fans know who this guy is? once the most pricest athlete in the world with $130 million in 10 years and about £20 million pounds a year.

:bravo:

Oh yeah he was the scumbag who had the dog fighting ring in his house isn't he?

Bloke deserves another chance! Simple and most of his peers feel the same.

Vick is such a mobile QB but his arm was not the greatest but his speed and vision were amazing!

i wouldnt call him a scumbag :p. do you know what those dogs do? james harrisons dog a linebacker for the steelers bit its own son in the face and Joey Porters pittbull killed a mini horse i show no remorse for the pitbulls maybe if other breed of dog.

He had one of the strongest arms in the league although his accuracy could of worked on he didnt have any awesome recievers to throw to then but roddy white has got alot better.

i cant wait to see him back on the field a list of teams he could go to

likely if possible

denver broncos (the retards traded there franchise QB Jay Cutler away...idiots not that he was good but u dont trade a franchise qb away lol)
san francisco 49ers (alex smith is a bust and they havent had a good qb since joe montana nows the time to get one)
new orleans saints (drew brees isnt getting younger still great although he would be used in wildcat formations if he went there)

could be likely but maybe not

new england patriots (they lost there backup QB because he performed well they dont have a backup qb after Brady)
minnesota vikings (there looking at favre right now but i dont know if he could go there if favre remains retired)

unlikely

pittsburgh steelers (talk about cap room... no way is he going there although they dont have a backup qb after roethlisberger since leftwich left
atlanta falcons (the owner said hes not returning because he lied to him but if they can restrucuture his contract and the owner might change his mind he could stay at the flacons most unlikely)

Would not put him to far from Dallas Cowboys or the Miami Dolphins to be honest

He will come back and play somewhere, however i doubt how effective he will be... he is going to be getting up there in age for a mobile qb, and he has never had the ability to be a prolific passer. I believe he will be first string at a shitty team or second fiddle at a good team.

Dallas probably not Jerry Jones denies but he brought in Pacman lol. Dolphins they well could to teach Pat White drafted a month ago who is also a mobile QB.

Michael never had any good recievers at the falcons so he could never complete his passes but id say if he had santonio holmes or randy moss his completion ratio would of gone to at least 62-78% instead of 52-58%.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ May 25 2009, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dallas probably not Jerry Jones denies but he brought in Pacman lol. Dolphins they well could to teach Pat White drafted a month ago who is also a mobile QB.

Michael never had any good recievers at the falcons so he could never complete his passes but id say if he had santonio holmes or randy moss his completion ratio would of gone to at least 62-78% instead of 52-58%.[/b]

That is true, however you are overlooking the receivers Vick did have.. He did have Michael Jenkins (a fine receiver let me remind you) and also Algie Crumpler (one of the best tight ends in the league during Vick's time, and his favorite target)

When it comes to Pat White, he will not be a super effective player in the NFL in my opinion. After watching him at West Virginia from a Freshman to a Senior he just isn't a passing quarterback. He has a shitty arm, and great speed. He might be successful in their Wild Cat offense but besides that i don't seeing him making a profound impact upon the NFL.

Yes that is true he did have algie crumpler and vick connected with him.

algie crumpler stats 2005
65 catches for 877 yards, 5 td

michael jenkins stats 2005
36 catches for 508 yards, 3 td

justin griffith stats 2005
21 catches for 111 yards and 3 td

brian fenneran stats 2005
50 catches for 611 yards, 2 td

with that said i investigated this and michael had about 320 throws completing at least 218 of them which is quite good for a mobile quarterback. Everyone forgets how good he was leading them 1 win away from the super bowl and getting to the playoffs a few times, people say matt ryan is amazing, i think hes good but nothing spectacular like ben roethlisbergers first year. Jenkins however is quite a good reciever except he dropped to many when vick threw them from close range which made his percentage go down. The wildcat was created from vick in the league but wasnt called the wildcat this brings me to the conclusion that he could never possibly throw a good percentage because he didnt get to throw many attempts a game i think he threw about 18-21 a game whilst brady and the shotgun lot throws about 30.

However some of his throws and fumbles where to say a let down but when he put on his running shoes like in my avatar nobody in the league could catch him. Id rather have a Vick than Brady in my lineup anyday because you can never teach speed but you can teach accuracy :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ May 25 2009, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yes that is true he did have algie crumpler and vick connected with him.

algie crumpler stats 2005
65 catches for 877 yards, 5 td

michael jenkins stats 2005
36 catches for 508 yards, 3 td

justin griffith stats 2005
21 catches for 111 yards and 3 td

brian fenneran stats 2005
50 catches for 611 yards, 2 td

with that said i investigated this and michael had about 320 throws completing at least 218 of them which is quite good for a mobile quarterback. Everyone forgets how good he was leading them 1 win away from the super bowl and getting to the playoffs a few times, people say matt ryan is amazing, i think hes good but nothing spectacular like ben roethlisbergers first year. Jenkins however is quite a good reciever except he dropped to many when vick threw them from close range which made his percentage go down. The wildcat was created from vick in the league but wasnt called the wildcat this brings me to the conclusion that he could never possibly throw a good percentage because he didnt get to throw many attempts a game i think he threw about 18-21 a game whilst brady and the shotgun lot throws about 30.

However some of his throws and fumbles where to say a let down but when he put on his running shoes like in my avatar nobody in the league could catch him. Id rather have a Vick than Brady in my lineup anyday because you can never teach speed but you can teach accuracy :)[/b]

True you can teach accuracy, but you can't teach someone to have a great football mind. That's what brady has, he is just unbelievable at reading the game and connecting with the right receivers every time. The problem with vick is he doesnt fit into every teams mold, and you really have to build a team around him that he can utilize effectively (pretty much what the falcons did with the team when vick was qb by bringing in guys like warrick dunn etc.)

Was your mother a crack whore?

Michael Vick was **** before he went to prison... now people actually expect him to be good after spending 2 full seasons out of the game getting jumped in the showers?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ May 25 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
with that said i investigated this and michael had about 320 throws completing at least 218 of them which is quite good for a mobile quarterback. Everyone forgets how good he was leading them 1 win away from the super bowl and getting to the playoffs a few times,[/b]

In a division where the 3 other teams were .500 or less, in a conference where an 11-5 record got the Falcons the Second Seed and a week off (11-5 in the AFC that year was a 5th or 6th seed and a trip to Indy or San Diego first up)... and even than he had an average play off game against an 8-8 Rams team before getting blown out by the Eagles in the conference championship.

people say matt ryan is amazing, i think hes good but nothing spectacular like ben roethlisbergers first year.[/b]

WTF? Matt Ryan took over a 4-12 team which had it's roster gutted and a rookie GM/Head coach bought in and dragged them to 11-5, and he would've rewritten every rookie QB record in league history in the process to if it wasn't for a certain Mr Manning's rookie season in 98 - name me anything Vick at any stage of his career did that resembled what Ryan did against the Bears with only 6 seconds left on the clock.

Rothlesberger BTW took over a team one year removed from an AFC Championship, which had 2 Pro Bowl recievers, 2 1000 yard RB's, one of the best O-Lines in Football, a Top 3 Defence and a Hall of Fame coach, and passed even less than Vick, and he was hot trash in the play off's, the Jet's kicker bailed him out the first game before Bellicheat picked him apart in the AFC ***le Game.

Jenkins however is quite a good reciever except he dropped to many when vick threw them from close range which made his percentage go down. The wildcat was created from vick in the league but wasnt called the wildcat this brings me to the conclusion that he could never possibly throw a good percentage because he didnt get to throw many attempts a game i think he threw about 18-21 a game whilst brady and the shotgun lot throws about 30.[/b]
Did you ever think there might reason why multiple coaches never let Vick throw... like I don't know... maybe because he couldn't hit a barn door at 15 yards or couldn't put even the littlest bit of touch on a short pass if his worthless life depended on it? Dan Reeves was more than happy to let Chris Chandler air it out before Vick came in, and he had Elway throwing upwards of 600 times a year when he coached the Broncos, yet he never seemed happy to air it out with a 50% passer with a 75 QB Rating... strange that.

However some of his throws and fumbles where to say a let down but when he put on his running shoes like in my avatar nobody in the league could catch him. Id rather have a Vick than Brady in my lineup anyday because you can never teach speed but you can teach accuracy :)[/b]

Care to explain for a guy who apparently uncatchable while running he was always one of the league leaders in sack's taken (he even beat out David f***ing Carr one year when he was still with the Texans FFS), the rushing stats themselves were also inflated, since sacks don't count as negative yardage for QB's rushing stats, but if a running back is tackled behind the line of scrimmage yards would be taken away from his total. And if you can teach accuracy, how come Vicks passing perecentage never showed any real improvement after 5 years in the League, despite playing in a West Coast offence?

He had one of the strongest arms in the league although his accuracy could of worked on he didnt have any awesome recievers to throw to then but roddy white has got alot better.[/b]

Funny that, Vick goes to pokey for drowning Lassie in the forest and suddenly White puts up 1200 yards with Joey Harrington and an insurance salesman who got beat out by Kyle Boller 4 years ago throwing him the ball, before Ryan steps in and he puts up Top 3 wide out numbers.

san francisco 49ers (alex smith is a bust and they havent had a good qb since joe montana nows the time to get one)[/b]

What do you call Steve Young (you know, the Hall of Famer who has the highest QB Rating and completion % in history) and Jeff Garcia (Multiple Pro Bowler) than retard? And Shaun Hill was putting up great numbers last year and almost took them to the play off's.

denver broncos (the retards traded there franchise QB Jay Cutler away...idiots not that he was good but u dont trade a franchise qb away lol)[/b]

Jesus Christ your on a roll with your stupidity in this thread. Cutler not good? All he did was break records set by John Elway, no biggie, records Vick wouldn't have even been able to break even on Madden. And McDaniels got Kyle Orton in return and picked up Chris Simms in the process - also tried to get Cassel and want's to run the system he used with the Patriots... no room for a dog killer who can't actually pass there.

new orleans saints (drew brees isnt getting younger still great although he would be used in wildcat formations if he went there)[/b]

Seriously? Just hang yourself... even better, dress up in a doggie costume and get Vick to do it for you.

Of course all this talk is irrelevant because gambling aspect of his crimes means he can automatically be banned for life due to the NFL having a policy of not letting players gamble on anything, let alone gambling on an illegal dog fighting ring he financed in his backyard.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ May 30 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Was your mother a crack whore?

Michael Vick was **** before he went to prison... now people actually expect him to be good after spending 2 full seasons out of the game getting jumped in the showers?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ May 25 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
with that said i investigated this and michael had about 320 throws completing at least 218 of them which is quite good for a mobile quarterback. Everyone forgets how good he was leading them 1 win away from the super bowl and getting to the playoffs a few times,[/b]

In a division where the 3 other teams were .500 or less, in a conference where an 11-5 record got the Falcons the Second Seed and a week off (11-5 in the AFC that year was a 5th or 6th seed and a trip to Indy or San Diego first up)... and even than he had an average play off game against an 8-8 Rams team before getting blown out by the Eagles in the conference championship.

people say matt ryan is amazing, i think hes good but nothing spectacular like ben roethlisbergers first year.[/b]

WTF? Matt Ryan took over a 4-12 team which had it's roster gutted and a rookie GM/Head coach bought in and dragged them to 11-5, and he would've rewritten every rookie QB record in league history in the process to if it wasn't for a certain Mr Manning's rookie season in 98 - name me anything Vick at any stage of his career did that resembled what Ryan did against the Bears with only 6 seconds left on the clock.

Rothlesberger BTW took over a team one year removed from an AFC Championship, which had 2 Pro Bowl recievers, 2 1000 yard RB's, one of the best O-Lines in Football, a Top 3 Defence and a Hall of Fame coach, and passed even less than Vick, and he was hot trash in the play off's, the Jet's kicker bailed him out the first game before Bellicheat picked him apart in the AFC ***le Game.

Jenkins however is quite a good reciever except he dropped to many when vick threw them from close range which made his percentage go down. The wildcat was created from vick in the league but wasnt called the wildcat this brings me to the conclusion that he could never possibly throw a good percentage because he didnt get to throw many attempts a game i think he threw about 18-21 a game whilst brady and the shotgun lot throws about 30.[/b]
Did you ever think there might reason why multiple coaches never let Vick throw... like I don't know... maybe because he couldn't hit a barn door at 15 yards or couldn't put even the littlest bit of touch on a short pass if his worthless life depended on it? Dan Reeves was more than happy to let Chris Chandler air it out before Vick came in, and he had Elway throwing upwards of 600 times a year when he coached the Broncos, yet he never seemed happy to air it out with a 50% passer with a 75 QB Rating... strange that.

Care to explain for a guy who apparently uncatchable while running he was always one of the league leaders in sack's taken (he even beat out David f***ing Carr one year when he was still with the Texans FFS), the rushing stats themselves were also inflated, since sacks don't count as negative yardage for QB's rushing stats, but if a running back is tackled behind the line of scrimmage yards would be taken away from his total. And if you can teach accuracy, how come Vicks passing perecentage never showed any real improvement after 5 years in the League, despite playing in a West Coast offence?

He had one of the strongest arms in the league although his accuracy could of worked on he didnt have any awesome recievers to throw to then but roddy white has got alot better.[/b]

Funny that, Vick goes to pokey for drowning Lassie in the forest and suddenly White puts up 1200 yards with Joey Harrington and an insurance salesman who got beat out by Kyle Boller 4 years ago throwing him the ball, before Ryan steps in and he puts up Top 3 wide out numbers.

san francisco 49ers (alex smith is a bust and they havent had a good qb since joe montana nows the time to get one)[/b]

What do you call Steve Young (you know, the Hall of Famer who has the highest QB Rating and completion % in history) and Jeff Garcia (Multiple Pro Bowler) than retard? And Shaun Hill was putting up great numbers last year and almost took them to the play off's.

denver broncos (the retards traded there franchise QB Jay Cutler away...idiots not that he was good but u dont trade a franchise qb away lol)[/b]

Jesus Christ your on a roll with your stupidity in this thread. Cutler not good? All he did was break records set by John Elway, no biggie, records Vick wouldn't have even been able to break even on Madden. And McDaniels got Kyle Orton in return and picked up Chris Simms in the process - also tried to get Cassel and want's to run the system he used with the Patriots... no room for a dog killer who can't actually pass there.

new orleans saints (drew brees isnt getting younger still great although he would be used in wildcat formations if he went there)[/b]

Seriously? Just hang yourself... even better, dress up in a doggie costume and get Vick to do it for you.

Of course all this talk is irrelevant because gambling aspect of his crimes means he can automatically be banned for life due to the NFL having a policy of not letting players gamble on anything, let alone gambling on an illegal dog fighting ring he financed in his backyard.
[/b][/quote]

are you a f***ing idiot michael vick played prison football and basketball. Your even more of an idiot for thinking Jay Cutler is good come back to this thread in 3 years time and see if he has had many major accomplishments. If he can bomb out the steeler defence next year then i will accept hes good. The Bears traded away too much for such a cry baby quarterback who cries everytime he loses so STFU. He doesn't even have any good wide recievers at Chicago his number 1 reciever Devin Hester is a returner he wont be good at a wide reciever for another 2 years and talk about Cutlers accuracy He lost the game against san diego last year it was either they get into the playoffs or not he threw too many picks during that match he chokes in big games.

Chris Simms and Kyle Orton are not good starters your an idiot. McDaniels is an idiot drafting a running back in the draft when there is wait..... wait for it you f***ing idiot... 6 other running backs on the roster. YOU HAVE NO SENSE.

The New Orleans Owner has stated if has not crossed vick off on his list of free agents so he could still go there and many are saying he could even go to the Patriots because wait.... wait for it they have no quarterback for a backup if Brady gets reinjured.

Pro Bowls mean f*** all to the NFL its just an opportunity to get on a team and go to Hawaii in this case Miami. Did Ike Taylor go to the pro bowl this year NO! he didnt but hes one of the best cornerbacks in the league.

Do you know what a sack means you f***ing idiot. When he goes past the line of scrimmage he cannot be counted for a sack but a tackle. Your an idiot a real idiot.

Matt Ryan is an overrated quarterback Joe Flacco is a better quarterback who led his team further. The falcons have an easy division whilst the Panthers have Jake Delhomme on there team and whilst the Saints have a bad defence.

Please Jeff Garcia isn't good he isnt a top 10 quarterback in the league last year steeler backup Leftwhich is better so shut the f*** up you have no nfl general knowledge so get the f*** out of here your an idot and obviously a vick hater but has no sense.

Wow that post deserves an award for the worst thought out rant in the history of the board. Also the grammar kept me enthralled throughout. You kinda defeat an argument if you swear every second word and can't seem to use the correct "you're" or question marks. :rolleyes:

no i didn't. if he thinks jay cutler is a good quarterback then he has no NFL general knowledge take away brandon marshall who is nearly out of denver and then he is worthless with the other good receivers because of his accuracy. when he throws a winning super bowl touchdown under pressure driving 90 yards in under 7 phases or passes to 3 different recievers for over 1000 yards then i will say he is a good quarterback. chicago threw there 1st round pick away which was stupid.

michael vick set a quarterback record no other has been able to do that he even beat running backs to. people in chicago in september will see how bad a qb cutler is and all he will do is cry to the cameras as he fails to get plaxico burress.

Problem with Cutler is he's not mature enough and at times throws poor passes and does not always find the best possible options. But when he does he will be a good QB!

yes he could become a good quarterback with his canon arm but having no special wide recivers in chicago will really hurt his game. the best he has is devin hester who if he was on the steelers depth chart would be a no. 3 or 4 and if he was at the patriots definitley a number 4. hester will get better and if the chicago boss leaves for any reason and cutler doesnt leave crying and builds a nice connection with hester they could become a great dynamic duo as hester has the skills but not the practise.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ May 23 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i wouldnt call him a scumbag :p. do you know what those dogs do? james harrisons dog a linebacker for the steelers bit its own son in the face and Joey Porters pittbull killed a mini horse i show no remorse for the pitbulls maybe if other breed of dog.[/b]

Is this a joke? Or are you mentally incapable of rational thought?

You do realise why Pitbulls by in large are such a dangerous breed, right?

How about I think you're inferior to me, so I force you to fight to the death with a wolverine? You're below me mentally, so it's okay right. I mean, humans attack and rob each other all the time. So, what's the issue?

Moron.

Latest posts