Michael Witt to Union

Q

QLD

0,5001,6548087,00.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Warriors' Michael Witt confirms he's taking up rugby contract in Otago

By staff writers
March 25, 2009

NRL sharp-shooter Michael Witt has confirmed he's signed a contract to play provincial rugby union for Otago.
A crowd-favourite after two season with the Warriors, Witt will make the move to the South Island rugby province in two weeks as he seeks to find a way into the Highlanders Super 14 franchise.

"It's tough leaving the Warriors because I've had a great time in Auckland," he said.

"I've absolutely loved the fans here.

"They've been brilliant to me and I can't thank them enough for that.

"I really enjoyed being part of a side that took the club to the finals two years running and to go so close to making the grand final last year was a huge highlight.

"I'll keep following the club and I hope the boys go really well this year but I'm also excited about taking on a new challenge, moving to a new place and having a shot at union.

"I can't wait."

In all Witt played 90 NRL matches including 47 for Parramatta and Manly, scoring 611 points.[/b]

He's Australian for those who don't know. Is he good enough for the All Blacks? Could be the next Nathan Fien.

Why otago? lol oh well gotta start from somewhere.

Good kicker, don't know if he's AB material though considering the talent we have at the mo

With him and McAlister it should at least mean we never have to pick Donald for the AB's again.

Latest posts