TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
mike-phillips-71164668.jpg

MIKE PHILLIPS is on the verge of joining French giants Toulouse.

The Wales scrum-half has held talks with the Heineken Cup semi-finalists after being told he is free to leave the Ospreys.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbyn...ips-on-verge-of-toulouse-move-91466-28501443/

There goes next years cup hopes ;)

I wonder how this will effect Wales "no foreign players" policy?

If Gatland has any sense he won't pick Phillips. He will favor French rugby, but really he has not been performing. I question his mental attitude because in recent weeks it looks like he does not want to play.

Poor choice as a replacement for Kelleher. Bézy has been very good, Doussain has stepped up when needed and Vergallo is staying, so I think the best would be an experienced an technically good halfback (i.e. not Phillips) that can help the other three to progress and play when experience is needed. Burgess is not the best option either, in my opinion. I understand why Novès wants Michalak to stay and play 9. As he doesn't want to, probably the best would be some kiwi with super rugby experience (if Mignoni wasn't retiring, he would be a good option).

I told this a month ago...Not the best signing.

Might find you called France I called Toulouse ;) ... although find this an odd move considering Luke Burgess has apparently signed a pre-contract to go there.

Meh, why is everyone on a downer with Phillips? He's been rubbish all season, but it's all form isn't it? The guy was the best scrum half in the NH 2 years ago when he went on the Lions tour - not that **** a signing. :/

Meh, why is everyone on a downer with Phillips? He's been rubbish all season, but it's all form isn't it? The guy was the best scrum half in the NH 2 years ago when he went on the Lions tour - not that **** a signing. :/

No, he was the best of O'Leary, Ellis, Blair and himself.

A seaquin in a dogshit doesn't magic into a diamond.

Well if his attitude is S!it then leave him go. He aint shown form since the 6 nations, and rhys Webb certainly looks more sharp so leave him go. Maybe from a welsh POV it may benefit us, he may regain form. On the welsh front, i think the "foreign policy" has gone through the window, because the way things are going most of our "top" players will be playing away next season, so i think the WRU will go back on themselves.

Thanks for pointing that out, I know they weren't 2009 Lions but a better shout than Phillips.

Good.

So what's that got to do with cyRil point out Philips was the best 9 on the Lions tour?

He can go forward and get his forwards going, but what the Stade need is a clean pass to get the backs going. Kelleher could do both, as very few others can. Definitely not Phillips.

Latest posts