Mixed Martial Arts

Canadian_Rugger

Bench Player
Country Flag
Canada
Club or Nation
Ontario
How many here practice or are fans,

Myself I Wrestle, do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and Box (very poor in this area of my game lol)

I am a huge fan of the UFC and Mixed fighting has actually overtaken my love of rugby

Muay Thai/Bjj,

Not a big fan of the UFC though (Dana White is a ****) - though i do watch occasionally
The old Pride fights are mint

Last edited:
Agreed on Pride, and yah Dana White is half retarded

Unfortunately DREAM, Sengoku, Strikeforce etc are just not comparable to the UFC in terms of production values and quality of fighters

Pride was Awesome though

WAR CROCOP

crocop_silva_med&#105.jpg

Cro Cop was who got me interested in MMA, helluva fighter, and true about the UFC thing, also with UFC being so big now it means there's alot more of it on TV to watch, so it's not all bad

Yah Cro Cop is my favorite fighter ever, him and Igor Vovchanchyn; that guy was a friggin beast the Cro Cop knock out on Vovchanchyn was epic though, as was the one on Aleksander Emelianenko and Wanderlei Silva:

Favorite Cro Cop Quote: "Right Leg; Hospital, Left Leg; Cemetery"

Its too bad Mirko is getting old, he is fighting Pat Barry at UFC 115 though and it should be a striking war, Barry is good though was fighting in K1 before.

Fedor Emilianenko. I'll say no more.

Did a bit of Aikido way back and then went to a MMA class for a bit, but I'm **** at committing to things and Saturda mornings got overtaken by preparing for rugby watching in the pm.

yah Emelianenko was good; lately though he has let his management pull his strings too much; M-1 global has him by the balls and he isn't fighting top competition anymore; alas I would love to see him fight Brock Lesnar; however I don't see it happening and I think he would get beat if he fought the current crop of top heavyweights they are just too big... heck he won't even fight Overeem and all Overeem does is crush cans.

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
fedor-emelianenko.jpg
VS
overeem1.jpg

Make it Happen

I was a big fan of K1 and Pride, what with the whole learning japanese thing...The glorious days of LeBanner, Mark Hunt, Crocop, Hoost, Sefo etc...That was good.

Muay Thai and BJJ 3 times ah week at the mo only cause rugby seasons finished, Think Fedor will only be classed as great when he goes to the UFC unfortunatly PRIDE was the buisiness still watch the old ones they are the best!!

Only been watching MMA and more of UFC for the last year. I really enjoy watching it, big fan of the Ultimate Fighter Series.

Must admit my interedt has wained over the past 18 months since the UFC has gotten more and more Vince McMahonish. I prefered the lighter and light heavys more then the big guys (although Crocop,Congo & the russian guy qho's name completely eludes me were awesome) so GSP, Penn, Franklin, Liddell, Rampage, Anderson Silva, Dan Henderson & Forrest Griffin would only likely be draws for me to watch it now. I used also to be quite keen on Bisping until it was revealed that he's a complete cnut.

It's still a far superior sport then Boxing.

I'm a 2nd Dan Black belt in Hapkido. I think MMA is a good sport, but a poor martial art. It is good for sporting situations, however in a real pub fight or in a situation when your life is in danger, it would do little.

yah Emelianenko was good; lately though he has let his management pull his strings too much; M-1 global has him by the balls and he isn't fighting top competition anymore; alas I would love to see him fight Brock Lesnar; however I don't see it happening and I think he would get beat if he fought the current crop of top heavyweights they are just too big... heck he won't even fight Overeem and all Overeem does is crush cans.

Another TUF noob who thinks Brock Lesnar or any other over-hyped Heavyweight in the UFC could beat Fedor.

And you say they are too big? how big? Zulu big? Hong Man Choi big? CLEARLY size is not a factor against Fedor, ****.. even Overeem would beat all the top UFC HW's more times then none, and he will most probably fight Fedor after he beats Werdum, imo.

Last edited:
By the way, can't wait for UFC today, hoping Chuck beats Rich, and i put some money on CC, but I'm a little worried he might mentally break again, PB is very underrated coming into this fight.

Another TUF noob who thinks Brock Lesnar or any other over-hyped Heavyweight in the UFC could beat Fedor.

And you say they are too big? how big? Zulu big? Hong Man Choi big? CLEARLY size is not a factor against Fedor, ****.. even Overeem would beat all the top UFC HW's more times then none, and he will most probably fight Fedor after he beats Werdum, imo.

Frank Mir is the only real heavyweight that could beat Fedor. Lesnar has a simple game, Mir for me is the toughest heavyweight.

Frank Mir is the only real heavyweight that could beat Fedor. Lesnar has a simple game, Mir for me is the toughest heavyweight.

Clearly you're trolling, but I'm not sure if your serious so I'll answer you anyway.

Mir wouldn't last as long as he did with Carwin against Fedor. He would get subbed or KO'd which ever way Fedor wants to finish, ****** hell.. Mir even lost to Brandon Vera LOL, and then he tries to bulk up an put on 30 extra pounds to get his revenge on Lesnar, but instead he gets sharted on by Carwin.

Seriously though, hes probably the most delusional fighter in the UFC.

Latest posts