• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Mods/ Edits

Regan

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Wellington
We need this thread. Personally I've been editing the names of all un licensed teams I.e Super 15. Happy to post it when I'm done, just need to find the actual save file....I've found everything except that?

I love the simplicity of the editor but it does have its faults: you can't delete or add teams/ players and domestic teams e.g Wellington if edited correctly would result in multiple players if the player is in a team such as a Super 15 team. Not being able to move/ delete players is a lil bit of an issue as a lot of squads have 2014 players in them that have moved teams for 2015.

Anyway my initial update will have: Correct team and player names for Premier comps that aren't licensed (such as Super 15) domestic comps won't be edited to avoid double ups.

I won't really be editing player stats although I have been editing some calibre stats and whether they're star players or not. To basically be: World Class - one of the best, your Savea's etc. International for all those that have represented their country and so on.

Since I'm just editing names some 2014 players that will play in other team for 2015 will be in their 2014 teams if that's where they've been listed on the game.

Basically this update will save you the time of having to rename players and if you so wish you can get straight into editing skills if you feel there's any issues or get stuck into playing with proper names.

Found the editor save slot file!!!

I'll upload it tomorrow - should be finished by then.

Awesome. I've only done SA names so far. I might be being stupid, but where are the database files saved?!

Fantastic thread Regan & thanks for doing all the hard work!!

How's the database coming on? Any idea when you might have it ready for upload?

Awesome. I've only done SA names so far. I might be being stupid, but where are the database files saved?!

For me it's located on the C drive ---->RUTM_SaveGames ----> RUTM2015 -----> RUTM2015_Editor1.rum
Fantastic thread Regan & thanks for doing all the hard work!!

How's the database coming on? Any idea when you might have it ready for upload?

Sorry something came up yesterday so didn't get as much done as I had hoped, hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Taking a lil longer than expected but its gonna be sweet when it's done.

Finished all Super Rugby teams however.

Taking a lil longer than expected but its gonna be sweet when it's done.

Finished all Super Rugby teams however.

Wow well done! Are you just changing names or abilities as well? I actually think they have done quite a good job on the abilities front, although I really think Vermeulen should be World Class. It is always going to be highly subjective I guess.

Wow well done! Are you just changing names or abilities as well? I actually think they have done quite a good job on the abilities front, although I really think Vermeulen should be World Class. It is always going to be highly subjective I guess.

Mainly names in this edit so people can have correct names and can edit skills to their liking, a good starting point. I have been editing the calibres of some players though. Basically for Super 15 players: World Class = one of the best in the world (your Read's, Savea's, Smith's etc.) International = has/ plays for country, National = all the rest.

I will however be editing skills, which I will release when it's done. I do not agree at all with the skills. Barrett is rated 98, sure he's a good player but not that good.....Slade is rated better than Kieran Read!!! I personally reckon the skills are way wrong.

Yeah some of them are definitely wrong, but on the whole they haven't done too badly given the sheer number they have to do. I agree that Kieran Read is better than Slade though! There will definitely be a few that need looking at.

It would be cool if you could rank the players according to ability by position within the editor - makes it easier to get a feel for the stats, comparisons etc. They do this on the Cricket Coach editor.

Yeah some of them are definitely wrong, but on the whole they haven't done too badly given the sheer number they have to do. I agree that Kieran Read is better than Slade though! There will definitely be a few that need looking at.

It would be cool if you could rank the players according to ability by position within the editor - makes it easier to get a feel for the stats, comparisons etc. They do this on the Cricket Coach editor.

Yeah that would be awesome. Although I'm happy we have a simple editor at the very least, easy enough to change players info. Apart from that it has its limitations unfortunately.

I haven't actually really played the game yet - just been editing so can't really comment on ratings for every team, have just had a quick look at some NZ super teams and was shocked to see the glaringly obvious inflated/ deflated ratings.

Yeah an editor that changes names and abilities is better than nothing for sure, although I agree with a number of other posters that it would be nice to edit more things like clubs and leagues etc. It will be interesting to see what Dave says when he replies to those posts.

I feel that if we get the "top 5" players in each position "right" then we will have done well on the attributes front. Having just written that sentence I realise of course just how subjective these ratings are! It would be a hard enough job just naming the World Class players in the top 10 ranked nations - I'm sure everyone would agree with certain key players but it gets complicated around the fringe - especially with young players.

Keep up the good work mate!! :)

How much more do you reckon you've got to get through now?

Are you editing the competition names as well?

Eagerly waiting to get going with a career now!! :)

Keep up the good work mate!! :)

How much more do you reckon you've got to get through now?

Are you editing the competition names as well?

Eagerly waiting to get going with a career now!! :)

I guess it depends how many competitions I end up doing :p I'm staying away from doing the comps that aren't linked to avoid double ups (e.g ITM Cup)

Yep I've edited the names for all competitions, stadium names and coaches for all unlicensed teams.

I guess it depends how many competitions I end up doing :p I'm staying away from doing the comps that aren't linked to avoid double ups (e.g ITM Cup)

Yep I've edited the names for all competitions, stadium names and coaches for all unlicensed teams.

Haha! Good point!! ;)

Excellent mate - will save me loads of time!! Thanks very much!

Legend.:cool:

If you like, we could play pass the database file to share the work-load? If you have done the names for the Super Rugby teams, I'd happily take the DB file and do the names for some of the SA domestic teams and then upload the DB here for someone else to do the Aus ones etc?

If you like, we could play pass the database file to share the work-load? If you have done the names for the Super Rugby teams, I'd happily take the DB file and do the names for some of the SA domestic teams and then upload the DB here for someone else to do the Aus ones etc?

Yeah that's a good idea actually. Basically the main reason for this is so people can update ratings and we can end up with a complete set - ratings and all. Rather than starting from scratch everytime.

Will post it up when I'm next on the comp that has it on - working today.

Cool. Where the teams are linked e.g. The Stormers (Super Rugby) and Western Province (Currie Cup, SA's domestic league) I will do as you have done with NZ and won't duplicate the players, so we won't have two sets in the case of domestic clubs that have a Super XV franchise.

- - - Updated - - -

All we need to ensure is that we label the post with the upload with exactly what has been done (although it will probably be obvious).

Last edited:

Latest posts