• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Moments of Merit

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@May 7 2006, 12:55 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
48 beers on a plane is pretty legendary.

Your not wrong...... fine effort that.

David "Boony" Boon holds the world record of 52 beers on a flight from OZ to England :bravo: ...... thats not including the 3 he had on the short stop-over in Singapore or the multiple tinnies he had after he got off the plane before passing out for 36 hours.

He went on to score over 1500 runs on that Ashes tour at an average of over 70.

Boony, a true sporting legend.

boonbeer3.jpg
boonbeer.jpg

He didn't get that gut from playing hacky sack. [/b][/quote]
Wow Wipe my one i think he really does deserve to go in the moments of merit thats a true legend

I don't know if anyone is still doing this thread but i will add this one anyway.

BUCK SHELFORD

This man in my eyes deserves to go in not only the moments of merit but the hall of fame also.

This man was playing a game for the all black when he was rucked in his private region where one of his testicles escaped the sack he must of been is some pain but instead of being like pussy ass players of today of buck just ushed the loose testicle back into the sack and then continued to play the game.

That is just one of many hard ass stories of good old Buck

BRING BACK BUCK!!!!!

I think that you are more impressed with Bucks testicles.

I personally like the fact that he was an inspirational leader who rallied his team whenever it looked like they were going to lose and you could see him telling them at any stopage exactly what he wanted from them. He was the best motivating Captain we ever had and coincidentally we never lost a test under him.

The only Captain in world Rugby to be dropped undefeated. There's some classic John Hart for you.

If I might interject with my own moment of merit contender, but who else agrees that Rob Andrew's splendid dropped goal in the 1995 World Cup Quarter Final, was something to behold?

It sent those Aussies packing. The only Waltzing Matilda on show that day was a typically fat antipodean, walrus she-male named Phil Kearns.

Hows that for 10 man rugby, eh?

The best thing about that drop-goal was what happened the following week in Cape Town.

Originally posted by Arnold Rimmer@May 25 2006, 01:13 PM
If I might interject with my own moment of merit contender, but who else agrees that Rob Andrew's splendid dropped goal in the 1995 World Cup Quarter Final, was something to behold?

It sent those Aussies packing. The only Waltzing Matilda on show that day was a typically fat antipodean, walrus she-male named Phil Kearns.

Hows that for 10 man rugby, eh?
Yes, I still hold to that moment of merit, but must also say how pleased I was personally at how much effort Mike Catt put into his tackling during the semi-final of the WC of 1995.

Had he not slipped over, there was every chance of a bruised and battered Jonah Lomu going home disappointed.

Other than those occasional slips, his defensive game was like poetry in motion.

Originally posted by Arnold Rimmer@May 30 2006, 01:20 PM

Had he not slipped over, there was every chance of a bruised and battered Jonah Lomu going home disappointed.

Haha grow up mate, lol :lol: :lol:

my best moment in watching a rugby game was France vs AB in the 1999 semi final. i can remeber that jonah was playing (and that's part of why this match was so special) and he scored one of his huge tries he's got the secret. he had 3 players on the back and was still runing !!!
despite that, france could find the ressources to keep going on and dominici's run through AB's defense was also memorable. i was shouting as much as when we won the football wc.

the greatest moment in rugby was the victory of france over the allblacks in 99....magne show me what a flanker has to do to become a legend..

John Smit in the game against Fiji. Calling his team together and telling them to stop playing kak.

For me it was the NPC that the Wellington Lions took out. Watching Jonah Lomu owning that Fiji winger (forgot his name) was awesome lol.

The most recent moment of merit was Earl Rose kicking the ball out, ending the Stormers chances of making the playoffs.

The most recent moment of merit was Earl Rose kicking the ball out, ending the Stormers chances of making the playoffs.[/b]

Stop it now!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAARGRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merit for us became plkay against Ireland and against Namibia on RWC 2007
since that days our team became focused under the attention of international rugby authorities
Attention that our team deserved earlier

_44119008_try416.jpg

George Shkinin scoring against Ireland woow Georgia leads Ireland

3883062533-rugby-union-irb-rugby-world-cup-2007-pool-d-georgia.jpg

Davit Kacharava scoring last try against Namibia Yeah Georgia wins 30:0

Matt Dunnings drop goal haha :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qAvMKkC1kjA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qAvMKkC1kjA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Latest posts