• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Montpellier: The dirtiest team I have ever seen!

G

Goth Power

Watching their sinful tactics in the opening 30-40 minutes against Northampton made me think "how on earth do they get away with that?"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Goth Power @ Oct 18 2008, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Watching their sinful tactics in the opening 30-40 minutes against Northampton made me think "how on earth do they get away with that?"[/b]

Are you crazy ? :wall:

This is the most abject refereeing I've seen for a long while. The scrum-half takes a right arm to the face and gets a red ? That was a joke, but not funny.

Are you serious?

At one point I saw Dylan Hartley being pummeled by 2 French players. At the rucks and mauls I saw fists going for no reason, I shall watch the sky coverage later on but what I saw last night was horrible rugby on the French behalf.

I suggest you buy new glasses very very quick.
Hartley is an asshole. He punched thre SH right in the face, in an offside position. It should have been 2 yellow cards, but no our player got a red and thats it ? :bravo:

You saw fists going for no reason ? Let me tell you the reason; the saints players would go over the ruck and take out the oncoming support players. This is not allowed in my books but anyway...

Montpellier did very well to not go berserk given the one sided refereeing they got.

Might it add, I watched the match again today so I didnt just see the incident live but on telly too, Dylan Hartley tried clearing the lines but failed for go low enough he DID NOT punch the frenchman in the face at all, and wasn't he the captain? I think for a captain he should of kept his cool it wasn't really a good example set for his team mates.

And what about the stamping? I guess Lobbe was just asking him to stamp all over his ********? I saw and heard him, they didn't keep their cool, their discipline was totally out of the window and quite frankly, if I was the coach I would be embaressed by his teams show.

I can see a few RFU sightings in the coming fortnight.

Anyone else at the game and/or witnessed the action?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Goth Power @ Oct 19 2008, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dylan Hartley tried clearing the lines but failed for go low enough he DID NOT punch the frenchman in the face at all,[/b]

He send him a right arm right in the face. There's just no denying it.

Anyway, you think they were dirty; I think they ahd to play against 16 men, and that's it.

I hope we can stand up for the occasion at home.

Yeah, I wonder how many of your players will be sent off over there, 2, maybe 3 perhaps?

Charles... I do believe you're talking ********.

First of all the ref did have a mare; But he had a mare both ways. However if Monpellier had made half an effort to turn it into a game instead of a punch up, I doubt you'd be as unhappy.

We won't mention the Montpelier player that stamped deliberately on IF Lobbes chest with both feet... One after the other. That certainly ain't rucking. I can't remember who it was.

Will we talk about the 2 Montpelier forwards who held down Hartley while the SH wailed on him with right hooks.... Hartley may indeed be a bit of an arsehole, but that's no justification for a Lou Threz press while chanting "Oh Hell Yeah!"

Or, maybe this little incident;

398300659_TWD4w-M.jpg

398300724_JAuMg-M.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, that's "contact with or around the eye area". We all know what happens when that happens... (Well, when it happens to Wasps players anyway).

Now hush, foo. The underhanded little gobshites, just like the 2002 Springboks at Twickenham, went out looking to intimidate and hurt the opposition players instead of playing rugby, but instead the plan backfired and they got just the pasting they deserved.

But then again, they weren't the dirtiest player I've ever seen... That would be the 2002 Gloucester setup.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 21 2008, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Charles... I do believe you're talking ********.

First of all the ref did have a mare; But he had a mare both ways. However if Monpellier had made half an effort to turn it into a game instead of a punch up, I doubt you'd be as unhappy.

We won't mention the Montpelier player that stamped deliberately on IF Lobbes chest with both feet... One after the other. That certainly ain't rucking. I can't remember who it was.

Will we talk about the 2 Montpelier forwards who held down Hartley while the SH wailed on him with right hooks.... Hartley may indeed be a bit of an arsehole, but that's no justification for a Lou Threz press while chanting "Oh Hell Yeah!"

Or, maybe this little incident;

398300659_TWD4w-M.jpg

398300724_JAuMg-M.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, that's "contact with or around the eye area". We all know what happens when that happens... (Well, when it happens to Wasps players anyway).

Now hush, foo. The underhanded little gobshites, just like the 2002 Springboks at Twickenham, went out looking to intimidate and hurt the opposition players instead of playing rugby, but instead the plan backfired and they got just the pasting they deserved.

But then again, they weren't the dirtiest player I've ever seen... That would be the 2002 Gloucester setup.[/b]

Yeah, I'm french so I must be talking ******** aye...Why didn't you post the picture that happened just before that when Hartley forearms the 9 right in the face ?
The ref had a mare (is this a joke ?) but we got two reds and a yellow, and the Saints did anything at the breakdown: diving, side entry, side entry in a maul etc...On a side note: clearing the oncoming support players to a ruck is NOT allowed by any means.
This referee is a bloody idiot, last week game he "refered" Perpignan aginst Treviso, it was like the breakdown rules would only apply to Perpignan.
Anyway general belief says french team are dirty and all, so it must be. Ask the Perpignan players who coped 3 yellow cards agains the Ospreys, and had a prop floored right in front of the referee.

Each year, the french teams get done by the referees, on the basis that we must be ill disciplined, violent and dirty. So we have to get punched and accept everything, and if not, bang, red card.

I hope this muppet goes back to swimming teacher, where he belongs.

Yep. That's exactly what I said... You're talking ******** just because you're French...

facepalm.jpg

Now so you realize, but apparently didn't read, just because a player has an (overhyped) reputation for being a thuggish player doesn't mean they suddenly become fair game. If whatshisname didn't want to be sent off, he shouldn't have retaliated by repeatedly punching Hartley.

Latest posts