• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Moody Makes Switch to Bath

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
S

snoopy snoopy dog dog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://www.bathrugby.com/news/8867.php

Bath Rugby announce the signing of England International and British & Irish Lion Lewis Moody on a three-year deal. As one of the most abrasive, dynamic and destructive flankers in the country, the 31-year-old will join the West Country team in the summer having completed many years as a Leicester Tiger.

“I am really looking forward to an exciting new challenge at this stage of my career,†said Lewis. “Bath Rugby’s values perfectly suit my own, it is a great City and Club, with a real family feel and a close knit and impressive squad.

“I have always known that if I was ever going to leave Leicester, the only club I would consider in the UK would be Bath. They play an exciting brand of rugby and having spent time with both Steve Meehan and Nick Blofeld I am sure that there are exciting years ahead.â€

A tireless flanker of the highest order, Lewis has arguably been one of the stand out players this Six Nations and during his England career has notched up an impressive 59 international caps.

Well known for his professionalism and his apparent lack of pain and self-conservation, he will dive in where others fear to tread and it is this style that Bath’s Head Coach Steve Meehan believes will be such an asset to the team.

“Lewis is a proven winner and he brings vast experience, a fierce determination and great attitude with him,†said Meehan.

“Adapting to our style of play shouldn’t be a problem and we expect him to help create more opportunities and momentum up front.â€[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Mar 5 2010, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Didn't see that one coming.[/b]

neither did I. Are Leicester shaping up to sign a proper 7 for once? Lund may be heading back to England...

Really didn't expect that.
Wonder why he's left Leicester, he's not long had the captaincy has he?
Suppose if you play somewhere all of your adult life you might fancy a change eventually

Still don't know why he going but what a signing for Bath IF Moody stay's fit.

Un. f***ing. Believable.

I literally jumped for joy when i heard this.

Man_Jump_for_Joy.jpg

6 Moody, 7 Salvi and 8 Watson would be an exceptional backrow.

NOOOOOO. At least it's not Wasps. Wonder who Tigers are going to sign at 7. Really all they have right now are 6's and 8's. I think I heard they are getting Thomas Waldrom from the Crusaders but he is definitely not a 7. Goodbye Lewis. From the moment I laid eyes on you decking Tuilagi I was in love.

We all know Leicester are moving Moody on so they can sign George Smith, Australia's best ever openside flanker.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Mar 6 2010, 04:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We all know Leicester are moving Moody on so they can sign George Smith, Australia's best ever openside flanker.[/b]
It's possible. Leicester are dumping a lot of high salaried players at the end of the season. Clearing Moody, Aaron Mauger and Lote Tuqiri from their books should free up a few quid.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Mar 5 2010, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Mar 5 2010, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't see that one coming.[/b]

Is this a good signing for Bath?
[/b][/quote]

Yes mate. Moody's been a rock for Tigers for a long time. If Barf get the best out of him, they'll be a good bet for Premiership honours. Even though one man hardly ever makes a team, Moody's the sort of player that inspires all those around him and can be a mentor for up and coming young players.

Good point, actually.
Smith did say he was moving to the NH, and has taken himself out of contention for the Wallabies, so teams will be looking to get him because, apart from being a good player, he'll be available all throughout the internationals period

Let's not go overboard here - Yes, Moody is a player who gives it his all week in-week out, no doubt. He's however not the sharpest tool in the box and a certainty to give away at least 6-9 points through stupid penalties.

His track record for his behaviour also leaves something to be desired.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Mar 6 2010, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Let's not go overboard here - Yes, Moody is a player who gives it his all week in-week out, no doubt. He's however not the sharpest tool in the box and a certainty to give away at least 6-9 points through stupid penalties.

His track record for his behaviour also leaves something to be desired.[/b]

That's a fair assessment. He's a player who gives 100% all the time but much like Alan Quinlan, the red mist can descend far too often where Moody is concerned.

A good signing for Bath. Moody has always been a solid backrower, if not spectacular. What age is he now by the way? Must be somewhere around 30 now.

Pleased over the signing, looking forward to seeing the Scrum get back to their strongest.. Yes his discipline leaves little for the imagination, but it has got better over recent years... so will just have to wait and see...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 6 2010, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Good point, actually.
Smith did say he was moving to the NH, and has taken himself out of contention for the Wallabies, so teams will be looking to get him because, apart from being a good player, he'll be available all throughout the internationals period[/b]

Very good point. Althoug the lure of French money may be strong.

Latest posts