Moody Makes Switch to Bath

Discussion in 'Aviva Premiership / LV Cup' started by snoopy snoopy dog dog, Mar 5, 2010.

1. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Didn't see that one coming.

4. QLD

QLD Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Mar 5 2010, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Is this a good signing for Bath?

5. gingergenius

gingergenius Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Mar 5 2010, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    neither did I. Are Leicester shaping up to sign a proper 7 for once? Lund may be heading back to England...

6. Olyy

Olyy Guest

Really didn't expect that.
    Wonder why he's left Leicester, he's not long had the captaincy has he?
    Suppose if you play somewhere all of your adult life you might fancy a change eventually

7. Still don't know why he going but what a signing for Bath IF Moody stay's fit.

8. Un. f***ing. Believable.

I literally jumped for joy when i heard this.

[​IMG]

9. 6 Moody, 7 Salvi and 8 Watson would be an exceptional backrow.

10. bristol-iain

bristol-iain Guest

Really? Wow, must have cost a bundle an all.

11. NOOOOOO. At least it's not Wasps. Wonder who Tigers are going to sign at 7. Really all they have right now are 6's and 8's. I think I heard they are getting Thomas Waldrom from the Crusaders but he is definitely not a 7. Goodbye Lewis. From the moment I laid eyes on you decking Tuilagi I was in love.

12. QLD

QLD Guest

We all know Leicester are moving Moody on so they can sign George Smith, Australia's best ever openside flanker.

13. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Mar 6 2010, 04:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    It's possible. Leicester are dumping a lot of high salaried players at the end of the season. Clearing Moody, Aaron Mauger and Lote Tuqiri from their books should free up a few quid.

14. GazzaJAnimal

GazzaJAnimal Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Mar 5 2010, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Is this a good signing for Bath?
    [/b][/quote]

Yes mate. Moody's been a rock for Tigers for a long time. If Barf get the best out of him, they'll be a good bet for Premiership honours. Even though one man hardly ever makes a team, Moody's the sort of player that inspires all those around him and can be a mentor for up and coming young players.

15. Olyy

Olyy Guest

Good point, actually.
    Smith did say he was moving to the NH, and has taken himself out of contention for the Wallabies, so teams will be looking to get him because, apart from being a good player, he'll be available all throughout the internationals period

16. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Let's not go overboard here - Yes, Moody is a player who gives it his all week in-week out, no doubt. He's however not the sharpest tool in the box and a certainty to give away at least 6-9 points through stupid penalties.

His track record for his behaviour also leaves something to be desired.

17. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Mar 6 2010, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    That's a fair assessment. He's a player who gives 100% all the time but much like Alan Quinlan, the red mist can descend far too often where Moody is concerned.

18. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

A good signing for Bath. Moody has always been a solid backrower, if not spectacular. What age is he now by the way? Must be somewhere around 30 now.

19. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

Pleased over the signing, looking forward to seeing the Scrum get back to their strongest.. Yes his discipline leaves little for the imagination, but it has got better over recent years... so will just have to wait and see...

20. tommybear

tommybear Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 6 2010, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Very good point. Althoug the lure of French money may be strong.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!