• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

More Good News for Auckland & NZ Rugby

J

Juggernaut

Dougy Howlett is staying.

Doug Howlett is set to buck the player drain of experienced All Blacks to Europe.

The 59-test veteran has confirmed he is in advanced discussions with the New Zealand Rugby Union over a contract extension. It was previously feared that Howlett would be lost to New Zealand, just as senior All Black team-mates Carl Hayman, Chris Jack, Anton Oliver and Aaron Mauger have been.

"I would like to stay around," Howlett said.

"I am quite happy in New Zealand. And I would like to continue playing here..There is a bit of work to do with this Blues team that we've started - I would like to see that through."

"I enjoy playing for Auckland."
[/b]

Good man. :cheers:

possibly because his daughter was just born [/b]

and your point being??

Chris Jack & Rico Gear also just had their first baby but they're still heading North.

i'm 17 mate. all i know about daughters is i sure don't want one with my girlfreind at the moment. i'm just guessing maybe he's made arrangements and all to stay here bla bla

Where's rico going? So many guys leaving s14 next season, probably won't even recognise half the players (not actually true, between foxtel and ea rugby it's hard not to know everyone).

Hes heading off to Worcester. Ashame really, I thought he'd have long forseeable ABs career. Somewhat underrated.

He's nearing his used by date expirey...Hope he doesn't end up like Caleb Ralph

He's nearing his used by date expirey...Hope he doesn't end up like Caleb Ralph [/b]
Used by date and expirey are different things :p Used by is like a "best before" or in other words still can be used but not quite up to scratch, whereas expiry means can't be used! :bana:

And in saying that, his used by date is two more seasons, and expiry is 3! (or maybe 1:2)

i'm 17 mate. all i know about daughters is i sure don't want one with my girlfreind at the moment. i'm just guessing maybe he's made arrangements and all to stay here bla bla [/b]

Sorry mate, I think you must have caught me at a wrong time there.

Yeah, Dougy is staying put also because of his young daughter and I think he wants to raise her up as a Kiwi :p and not as a Pom or French. Plus he's also got a lot of charity work around Auckland and wants to see that develop well. He's basically staying back for his family and for the love of Auckland. He's not interested in making money right now....maybe in 2009/2010.

<div class='quotemain'> He's nearing his used by date expirey...Hope he doesn't end up like Caleb Ralph [/b]
Used by date and expirey are different things :p Used by is like a "best before" or in other words still can be used but not quite up to scratch, whereas expiry means can't be used! :bana:

And in saying that, his used by date is two more seasons, and expiry is 3! (or maybe 1:2) [/b][/quote]

How do you explain Caleb Ralph's situation???

Way beyond and past his expiry date, made a mockery of his best before he went off date, but still managed to play in the super 14... When the Crusader's team was announced up pops Ralph's name NO MORE says the disgruntled crowd... But the selector's say other wise. Give it a few more years they'll be holding onto an old rocking horse..lol

Byron Kelleher made very similar statements about having interests and really wanting to stay in New Zealand before he,like Howlett,took the money and ran. Can't believe anything you read these days <_<

Latest posts