• Total voters

Mr Ruggleby

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Saracens
Slow Thursday afternoon leads to...

The most caps XV: Selecting the most capped player who was well established in that position (i.e. George Smith not selected at 6 because he was, for the most part, a 7). Couple of surprise inclusions here: Vlaicu from Romania and Kvirikashvili from Georgia.

The 10 or fewer caps XV: Far more subjective, I have simply picked the best XV I could think of using players who have 10 or fewer international caps and whose international career is over (or very unlikely to continue).

My contention is that, assuming all players were fit and playing at their career peak, this game wouldn't be anywhere near as one-sided as you would expect it to be. Let me know who I've missed from the 10 or fewer team.

Most Caps XV
1 Gethin Jenkins
2 Kevin Mealamu
3 Martin Castrogiovanni
4 Alun Wyn Jones
5 Victor Matfield
6 Alessandro Zanni
7 Richie McCaw
8 Sergio Parisse
9 George Gregan
10 Ronan O'Gara
11 Bryan Habana
12 Florin Vlaicu
13 Brian O'Driscoll
14 Adam Ashley-Cooper
15 Merab Kvirikashvili

10 or Fewer XV
1 Rhys Gill
2 Ashley Johnson
3 Ben Afeaki
4 Alistair Hargreaves
5 Jacques Potgieter
6 George Whitelock
7 Steffon Armitage
8 Henry Tuilagi
9 Cobus Reinach
10 Ian Keatley
11 Rene Ranger
12 Anthony Tuitavake
13 James Simpson-Daniel
14 Christian Wade
15 Chris Pennell

Honourable mentions: Dean Greyling (LHP), Marcel van der Merwe (THP), Derick Hougaard (FH), Shane Geraghty (IC), Frank Halai and Lelia Masaga (W)

Can't see a team with Ian Keatley at 10 beating a team that contains players the calibre of McCaw, Parisse, Gergan, O'Driscoll and Habana. The less than 10 caps team is decent but they'd be up against several all time greats.

Honourable mentions for the 10 or less team...

Thomas Waldrom, Charlie Sharples, Freddie Burns, Nick Abendanon, Semesa Rokoduguni (possible with others coming through).

Edit Burns, Abendanon and Roko would get in that team above IMO...

Last edited:

Latest posts