• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Most Underrated Players

M

Muzzy

this might be a harder topic than underrated players,

but who do you think are some of the most overrated players today?

Akapusi Qera
Jason Shoemark
Daniel Braid
Fotoali'i
Isa Nacewa
Peter Dixon
Vilimoni Delasau
Mitchell Chapman

think you've got that the wrong way round there Muzzy.

Most underrated players in Wales: take your pick from numerous Dragon's players.

Aled Brew - whilst rated by quite a few fans, is obviously not highly rated by the Welsh coaches.
Fussell - same as above.

Although, in Wales very few players slip through the fans net. Many youngters get wrongly built-up, so we're very guilty of overrating many players here.

Couple playing out of Wales are underrated.

Lee Thomas - always injured mind.
The Saracens prop, can't remember his name.
Alix Popham - going well in France.

Will Harries is the most under-rated player in Wales IMO. I always wondered why he wasn't given more of a chance when he was at our academy and since his move back to Newport, he's certainly doing the business - look at the tries which sunk Saracens.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Mar 20 2010, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lee Thomas - always injured mind.[/b]
How he's never been called up for Wales is beyond me, though as you said he's more injury prone than Wilkinson, seems to play one match then miss a month or so. Suppose playing in England doesn't help his chances either

Over here? Hmmm , well Leo Cullen was massively underrated until this year. Some people in the Irish management seem to have a thing against Fionn Carr while Tom Court is probably a bit underrated. Then the are the obvious ones like Bob Casey.

Latest posts