• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Moving Out

I

inakisuperyeah

As you can see in my profile, I live in Mexico City. Hate it. There's nothing here! No beach so no surf; no decent rugby teams, so no decent rugby; no public education whatsoever, so almost no friends. All this brought me to a conclusion: I MUST MOVE OUT.

I must ask you kindly to recommend a place for me to go as soon as I finish college (or even sooner). My university has international programs so i can go almost anywhere in the world. Please help me!

Any where on the east coast of Australia between Carins (far north Queensland) and Sydney NSW.

As you can see in my profile, I live in Mexico City. Hate it. There's nothing here! No beach so no surf; no decent rugby teams, so no decent rugby; no public education whatsoever, so almost no friends. All this brought me to a conclusion: I MUST MOVE OUT.

I must ask you kindly to recommend a place for me to go as soon as I finish college (or even sooner). My university has international programs so i can go almost anywhere in the world. Please help me!
[/b]
Seeing as you are from Mexico I would suggest travelling to Spain, you speak the language (I assume) from there just go nuts, once you are in Europe everything is cheap to go to and if you get a job and use Spain as a base you could go to plenty of rugby games, fly up to the UK on the weekend for international matches, no worries!

Any where on the east coast of Australia between Carins (far north Queensland) and Sydney NSW.
[/b]

I am really considering moving to Sydney. I'm even checking the exchange program at my university to study a semester or two at Macquarie University. There I would have the Aussie Stadium about 30 minutes from school.

Seeing as you are from Mexico I would suggest travelling to Spain, you speak the language (I assume) from there just go nuts, once you are in Europe everything is cheap to go to and if you get a job and use Spain as a base you could go to plenty of rugby games, fly up to the UK on the weekend for international matches, no worries!
[/b]

I thought of that a while ago. I even have spanish citizenship and nationality, but the thing about Spain is that they have about the same kind of culture as in Mexico. Everyone does as each one pleases, they don't care about anyone else. I was thinking more about NZ, AU, UK. I don't have a problem with languages, because I really love them, it's just a matter of practice. Would you recommend AU as a new home?

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Seeing as you are from Mexico I would suggest travelling to Spain, you speak the language (I assume) from there just go nuts, once you are in Europe everything is cheap to go to and if you get a job and use Spain as a base you could go to plenty of rugby games, fly up to the UK on the weekend for international matches, no worries! [/b][/quote]

Yeah! Go to Barcelona and **** off the local Catalans like the rest of the resident Hispanic American ex-pat population who insist on speaking Spanish above the Catalan language! Basque country sounds good as well!

Did you just miss-spell Whight?

Also, when did Europe start being cheap?? If only!

I like Spain, mostly because of the change of mentality. Not sure I'd like to live there though, people my age seem to be covered in tattoos and facial piercings, and I never saw so many girls with bright pink here as in Barcelona.

How do you get to have Spanish citizenship if you live in Mexico inaki?

He held up the Spanish consulate in Mexico City with a bunch of Mexican Bandits..

dont move to Sydney, you'll be robbed and raped on your very first day...

Oh!!! wait, you're from Mexico..... I guess you'll fit right in. :p

seriously though, try moving to Qld. The weather will be somewhat similar and the people are friendly there.

If you want to live in Australia and don't want to live around total douche bags then I reccommend Perth...Western Australia props up the whole nation and the people keep it real....

Laetca, I said once in Europe it is basically easy to get around...but didn't say it too good....considering it costs so much to get to the nearest capital city from my place it's easy as over there...plus there is no $200 tax when leaving the country....

If you want to live in Australia and don't want to live around total douche bags then I reccommend Perth...Western Australia props up the whole nation and the people keep it real....
[/b]

But they have the worst ground to watch rugby at...

<div class='quotemain'> If you want to live in Australia and don't want to live around total douche bags then I reccommend Perth...Western Australia props up the whole nation and the people keep it real....
[/b]

But they have the worst ground to watch rugby at...
[/b][/quote]
We're working on that....even though the rugby itself ain't good to watch, the atmosphere is pretty good ;)

He held up the Spanish consulate in Mexico City with a bunch of Mexican Bandits..
[/b]

haha. It's "bandidos". ;)

How do you get to have Spanish citizenship if you live in Mexico inaki?
[/b]

My father is spanish :)

dont move to Sydney, you'll be robbed and raped on your very first day...

Oh!!! wait, you're from Mexico..... I guess you'll fit right in. :p
[/b]

Well, I've lived here for 22 years (my whole life) and nothing has ever happened to me. Once I was in the subway and someone pick-pocketed my wallet, but no one has ever physically harmed me in any way. Maybe it's because of my bandido friends... :D

If you like complicated, unpractical but interesting countries I would suggest France, and more precisely the south of it (it has all the rugby). You can surf in the Pays Basque, watch European finest rugby in Toulouse, or enjoy the best University city in Montpellier: nice weather, sea very close and a lot of students (lots of nice girls as well).

To translate all that rubbish from that long dead language, what Charles is saying is: if you want to go to heaven inhabited by the people of hell, France should be your first port of call!

I feel I must pipe up for the Home Nations here seeing as none of our so called hugely patriotic, proud people of these islands who loudly trumpet the successes, only to vanish into the undergrowth of Swansea's tacky bars the minute the going gets tough *COUGH*Dublin 1973*HACK*

Anyway, disgustingly bigoted rant over, the British Isles are a superb place to live. In England, Work and housing is abundant in the happenin' centers of Liverpool, Newcastle and Manchester. Scotland is simply overflowing with awesome places to live like Edinburgh, Aberdeen and even Glasgow! Wales wades into the fight with its valleys and adorable little towns and cities. Ireland is no slouch itself with the beating heart of the Celtic Tiger, Dublin, being an awesome cosmopolitan center. Up north, Belfast and even Derry are up and coming happenin' areas.

Between us, we've got the beaches, the countryside, the forests, the mountains, the lakes, the cities, the beers (and the spirits), the women, the history, the jobs, the houses, the varied people and above all, we share over ten of some of the most illustrious and famous Rugby clubs in the Universe.

So why not make your home in the UK & Ireland? Just don't live in Birmingham (or Northampton), its ****.

You won't be able to take bandido friends with you to Sydney XD
[/b]

Haha I know :( I'll have to say goodbye to José, Paco and Raúl.

To translate all that rubbish from that long dead language, what Charles is saying is: if you want to go to heaven inhabited by the people of hell, France should be your first port of call!

I feel I must pipe up for the Home Nations here seeing as none of our so called hugely patriotic, proud people of these islands who loudly trumpet the successes, only to vanish into the undergrowth of Swansea's tacky bars the minute the going gets tough *COUGH*Dublin 1973*HACK*

Anyway, disgustingly bigoted rant over, the British Isles are a superb place to live. In England, Work and housing is abundant in the happenin' centers of Liverpool, Newcastle and Manchester. Scotland is simply overflowing with awesome places to live like Edinburgh, Aberdeen and even Glasgow! Wales wades into the fight with its valleys and adorable little towns and cities. Ireland is no slouch itself with the beating heart of the Celtic Tiger, Dublin, being an awesome cosmopolitan center. Up north, Belfast and even Derry are up and coming happenin' areas.

Between us, we've got the beaches, the countryside, the forests, the mountains, the lakes, the cities, the beers (and the spirits), the women, the history, the jobs, the houses, the varied people and above all, we share over ten of some of the most illustrious and famous Rugby clubs in the Universe.

So why not make your home in the UK & Ireland? Just don't live in Birmingham (or Northampton), its ****.
[/b]

That sonds appealing. I've heard great stuff about the UK and Ireland. My cousin is moving to Bristol soon, had a hot welsh girlfriend and a friend studied in Ireland for a year. They all have great things to say about living there. I saw a masters degree in Exeter University I might take when I finish college. I'll really consider it as one of my strong oprions.

Latest posts