• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Moving Out

Rugby's pretty much dead here xD Although I did get a mail a few months ago asking me if I wanted to join the newly founded University of Antwerp rugby team. Then sent it out to everyone in Uni, since I didn't actually met the requirement for joining :p

I also heard recently that Antwerp had several rugby teams, which was again news to me.

As for taxes, I think VTA (that's what it's called I think?) is 21% on most things here, except for foood, then it's 6%, not sure about services. I know you lose about half your paycheck to the government, in the end you're left with about 55 to 60%, it very much depends on your situation.

I can't complain about young adult population, although like in most Western European countries there are a lot of older people, and in about ten years time or something there will be too many people retired. Or something like that.

Taking the bus is pretty dangerous though nowadays, last year they killed an old man who told some youngsters not to disturb people on the bus by being so rude and loud, a few weeks ago they were throwing molotovs at a bus somewhere near Brussels, a few days ago some kids got in a fight and the plain clothes officer (aged 62) that stepped in to calm them down was hit serveal times before they managed to get the kids off the bus. After which they smashed the window next to where the police officer was sitting, had to take him to hospital in critical condition.
And I think it was yesterday that someone opened fire on a bus in charleroi.

To summarize things, if you want to live here, make sure you'll have a car. You'll be able to enjoy a lot of traffic jams and some of the worst roads in Western Europe!

As you can see in my profile, I live in Mexico City. Hate it. There's nothing here! No beach so no surf; no decent rugby teams, so no decent rugby; no public education whatsoever, so almost no friends. All this brought me to a conclusion: I MUST MOVE OUT.

I must ask you kindly to recommend a place for me to go as soon as I finish college (or even sooner). My university has international programs so i can go almost anywhere in the world. Please help me! [/b]
Half of mexico already occupies Texas and Oklahoma, so why not join them...plenty of friends, multi-lingual signage in most resturaunts and public buildings!
Okay, Okay...I'm joking. I love Mexicans! And your food...well, I love Tex-Mex.
Mate, the world is your oyster! Go nuts. If you really love rugby, move somewhere where it is a dominant sport. I love Ireland and the UK...I know it can be expensive, though. There's always Australia...lovely beaches, Union and League...if I could just randomly pick up, I think I might head there...been obsessed with the idea ever since Crocodile Dundee.

Yeah, Australia keeps coming as the strongest option. And if I move out soon enough, I could almost swim to the World Cup 2011.

Latest posts