• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Moving to England

durbutter

Bench Player
Club or Nation
Munster
to Bedfordshire! Can't wait to see how a real country works!

gonna try and play a bit of rugby over there too

So any advice to a Paddy in enemy territory?

Main question; what should i drink (seeing as I won't be able to get Murphys over there :( ) I do like my bitters!?

Also whats the nearest Premiership team?

to Bedfordshire! Can't wait to see how a real country works!

gonna try and play a bit of rugby over there too

So any advice to a Paddy in enemy territory?

Main question; what should i drink (seeing as I won't be able to get Murphys over there :( ) I do like my bitters!?

Also whats the nearest Premiership team?

Wont find that here

Yep, a Masters in Cranfield Uni. Whoop!

Small village i gather, may not have a massive night life, and seeing as its a postgrad uni i'm not sure how active the social side of college will be but **** it. they've a Rugby club anyway :)

You do get Murphys here, mainly in supermarkets though.
Nearest team is Northampton Saints, i think

Bedford. A Tiny, interbread craphole surrounded by several bigger more-cosmopolitan (jk!) crapholes.

The cricketers on Goldington road is the best rugby pub in the area. A good selection of Ales and Stouts available. There are a few half-decent pubs on the high street also.

Saints are the closest Premiership side, about 20 miles down the A428, although they have their own club there in the form of Bedford Blues who are normally there-or-there-abouts at the business end of ND1. Sarries recently linked up with Bedford also, so plenty of their youngsters are at the club alongside all the semi-retired or shite former Saints players who still live locally.

Cranfield is nice. Does RAF Cranfield still exist? The University is basically on the airfield.

If you manage to survive the one way system of Bedford town center you may be able to sample its..er.."delightful" nightlife. I doubt it though as its one way system never lets you go once it has you.

I think I even saw someone in a Morris Minor driving around the one way system having been stuck on it since 1958!!

One nice thing is that you can get a direct train to Brighton from Bedford via Thameslink. Takes a long time but its a direct connection :)

Thanks for all the info! Will be over in about a month now. Gonna have to try and tone down this accent of mine, people have problems understanding me at the besht of times!

Thanks for all the info! Will be over in about a month now. Gonna have to try and tone down this accent of mine, people have problems understanding me at the besht of times!
A lot of English women love Irish accents. Just make sure you don't say, "Dis is da turd toime oi've arsked yew fer a shag". For some reason they don't get turned on by "turd".

Latest posts