• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

MSN help needed!

• Thread starter I cant think of a username
  • Start date
I

I cant think of a username

Y'know when you turn on your computer and you have to log in to your account (if there's more than 1), well if you have a hotmail e-mail address it comes up under your account name ' # unread messages' and if you right click on it says your email address and whatever, well how do you get rid of this?? I have a hotmail address and before that thing never came up, until now. +rep to anyone who can help me!!!

E

EVOL

yeah I had that but I'm not sure what i did, i probably just logged into messenger and then my emails, iunno??

T

tituslechmakus

Y'know when you turn on your computer and you have to log in to your account (if there's more than 1), well if you have a hotmail e-mail address it comes up under your account name ' # unread messages' and if you right click on it says your email address and whatever, well how do you get rid of this?? I have a hotmail address and before that thing never came up, until now. +rep to anyone who can help me!!!
[/b]

i didn't really understood what you meant. what do you exactly want to do ? did you change of msn ? from 7.0 to 7.5 or something like that ?
try to explain correctly (i couldn't understand some words as i'm french :) )

I

When you go to log in to your account after turning on your computer, below your name it says '26 unread mail messages' well what I want to do is stop it saying this

W

woosaah

Start Regedit
For a single user: Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail
For all users: Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail
Create a DWORD key called MessageExpiryDays
Give it a value of 0

I

Woosah I didn't try that but I went into preferences in messenger and unclicked alot of the boxes that said 'update' or 'alert' and it worked so yaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!

W

woosaah

that got rid of the thing at the welcome screen i did that, i was annoyed with it at the welcome screen.

you just got rid of the alerts at the bottom right, right?

G

Gulli

you could have just read your messages and then it doesnt come up as u dont have any unread ones... ;)