Munster v Leinster, Good Friday, Thomond Park

Discussion in 'Guinness Pro14' started by snoopy snoopy dog dog, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Leinster squad to face Munster...

FORWARDS: Leo Cullen, John Fogarty, Cian Healy, Jamie Heaslip, Nathan Hines, Bernard Jackman, Shane Jennings, Stephen Keogh, Malcolm O'Kelly, Mike Ross, Rhys Ruddock, Paul Ryan, Devin Toner, CJ van der Linde, Stan Wright

BACKS: Shaun Berne, Andrew Conway, Gordon D'Arcy, Girvan Dempsey, Rob Kearney, Simon Keogh, Fergus McFadden, Isa Nacewa, Paul O'Donohoe, Eoin O'Malley, Eoin Reddan, Jonathan Sexton

Munster Squad: Marcus Horan; Dave Ryan; John Hayes; Tony Buckley; Denis Fogarty; Jerry Flannery; Damien Varley; Donncha O'Callaghan; Mick O'Driscoll; Paul O'Connell; Alan Quinlan; David Wallace; Niall Ronan; Nick Williams; James Coughlan; Billy Holland; Tomás O'Leary; Peter Stringer; Ronan O'Gara; Paul Warwick; Lifeimi Mafi; Jean de Villiers; Tom Gleeson; Keith Earls; Ian Dowling; Doug Howlett; Scott Deasy.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2010
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Gerry Thornley sets the ball rolling:

4. I would be complaining about how this isn't on in the rest of the UK, but it's on the same time as Scarlets-Ospreys, and so I probally wouldn't watch it anyway.

5. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

Careless article by GT. I actually expected more from him. At least a bit of balance.

6. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

Munster certainly have more to play for, what with being man shamed in the two most recent meetings of the provinces. Add that motivation to the fact that it's in Thomond, Leinster's injury woes and the fact that while Munster are playing a decent English outfit next week, Leinster are playing one of the best teams in Europe and you can really only see one winner. Hopefully I'm wrong but I reckon it'll be a red win come friday.

Not like it really matters though, we pretty much have our top four place sewn up. Also, Rog will probably **** it up.

EDIT: How can Thornley have a go at the Leinster fans for giving Hayes stick after that outragous stamp? Stupid comment. The man should have been banned for the rest of the season!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2010
  7. durbutter

durbutter Guest

Would like to see Buckley start this one. Lets give him yet another chance to remove Hayes.

Not sure about the midfield, Earls and JdV would be the ideal but Mafi and the latter have been doing ok together and i'd like to see all our best players on the field at once.

Hroan needs a big one, he's benn awful since he's come back imo.

8. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

no balance at all, of course O'Gara was going to get booed after what he did in the second test, if anything it was more tongue in cheek and as for Hayes getting abuse, thought the reaction was more of a stunned silence myself.

He also failed to mention the classless Munster fans whio were chanting during the minutes silence for Karl Mullen at Croker.

I'm not for a second claiming that Leinster fans are saints but it swings both ways.

9. I don't understand some of Gerry Thornley's article. Why shouldn't fans boo a player who's been sent off for a disgusting stamp on somebody's head? I was in Croke Park 10 months ago when that same player, John Hayes, got a standing ovation from virtually the entire crowd as he left the field. Booing him isn't an aspect of a "poisonous" rivalry, rather it was a by product of the offence he committed.

I was also in the RDS for the fixture 6 months ago and can't say I heard O'Gara being booed when I heard his name called. If it was though, what's the big deal once the abuse isn't personnal?

The actions of a few idiots abusing a Munster fan shouldn't lead to Leinster fans being tarred with the same brush, as is the case in this article.

I agree that nobody wants to see fans being segregated and thankfully there's no sign of it happening. Thornley's article this week is sensationalist in the extreme and doesn't help in any way.

10. The Munster squad has now been added to the first post in the thread.

From Leinster's perspective, it's great to see Gordon D'arcy back in the squad. Hopefully he and Nathan Hines will be fit to play. On the negative side, Kevin McLaughlin and Shane Horgan aren't named in the enlarged panel. Could they be doubts for next week?

11. durbutter

durbutter Guest

Its down to characterising the fanbases i.e.

all the Munster fans fresh from spreading slurry horse on the dirty 1998 jersey, hop into a beat VW Jetta and arrive at Thomond, stand where their fathers stood 30 years ago watching them beat the All Blacks. Hardcore.

Not ******* lately. Gangs of yummy mummies and groups of retard tweens running around the place, mixed in with the odd bandwagonjuming GAA head who doesn't even know the ******* rules. There are still some proper fans, but the way some Munster fan'll tell it, there's 40000 hardcore die for the jersey, i was there from day one supporters.

Can't really comment on Leinster fans really. D4 people do irritate me, but obviously not all the fans are that way.

Hate Shane Byrne though.

12. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

sure he's from Wicklow!!

13. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Member

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Leinster

Paul O'Connell is unlikely to be risked tomorrow, he has a groin problem according to the Irish Times so is unlike to be risked ahead of the Northampton match.

14. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Member

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Leinster

There's 5 changes to the Leinster side which beat Connacht.

Gordon D'Arcy replaced Berne at inside centre in what is the only change to the backline.

CJ van der Linde lines up in the front row alongside Fogarty and Wright, Devon Toner partners Leo Cullen instead of Malcolm O'Kelly while Jamie Heaslip and Nathan Hines return to the back row with Ruddock and Keogh the ones to miss out.

Leinster team to face Munster in Magners League at Thomond Park on Friday, 2 April at 8.05pm.

15 Rob Kearney, 14 Girvan Dempsey, 13 Fergus McFadden, 12 Gordon D'Arcy, 11 Isa Nacewa, 10 Jonathan Sexton, 9 Eoin Reddan, 1 Stan Wright, 2 John Fogarty, 3 CJ van der Linde, 4 Leo Cullen (capt), 5 Devin Toner, 6 Nathan Hines, 7 Shane Jennings, 8 Jamie Heaslip

Replacements:
    16 Bernard Jackman, 17 Cian Healy, 18 Malcolm O'Kelly, 19 Stephen Keogh, 20 Paul O'Donohoe, 21 Shaun Berne, 22 Eoin O'Malley

15. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Member

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Leinster

Keith Earls has also been ruled out with a groin injury, so Mafi starts in the centre with Dowling on the wing. O'Driscoll starts alongside O'Callaghan. O'Gara will captain the side in O'Connell's absence.

MUNSTER (v Leinster): Paul Warwick; Doug Howlett, Lifeimi Mafi, Jean de Villiers, Ian Dowling; Ronan O'Gara (capt), Tomas O'Leary; Marcus Horan, Jerry Flannery, John Hayes, Donncha O'Callaghan, Mick O'Driscoll, Alan Quinlan, Niall Ronan, David Wallace.

Replacements: Denis Fogarty, Tony Buckley, Nick Williams, James Coughlan, Peter Stringer, Tom Gleeson, Scott Deasy.

16. Feicarsinn

Feicarsinn Super Αdmin

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Leinster

Dempsey at 14? Weird.

I guess Cheika is deploying his 2 fullbacks idea again, also adds a bit of experiance to the back three.

Tis a big day for Toner and McFadden, probably the biggest of their careers. Hope they get on alright.

Munster by 12.

17. Intercept King JDV

Intercept King JDV Senior Member

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

Stormers

Munster leading 9 -6 after 28 mins

18. Intercept King JDV

Intercept King JDV Senior Member

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

Stormers

ROG with his 4th penalty kick, 12 - 6 to Munster after 31 mins

19. Feicarsinn

Feicarsinn Super Αdmin

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Leinster

SuperJESUSKearney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. TRF_Olyy

TRF_Olyy English Arrogance

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Sale

That's got to smart a bit for all of the Munster fans ;)

Also, after the 6N and everyone saying Kearney had lost it/Sexton couldn't kick, what an ending :p

21. Feicarsinn

Feicarsinn Super Αdmin

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Leinster

O'Gara = cack

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!