• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v Leinster

Nice dig at Sexton, but the evidence was above Mafi's eye definitely connected. Always nice to beat Leinster, and I was surprised to see it take until the 70th minute to boil over, at the end of the day though it was an excellent match, very intense and 3 lovely tries. Cian Healy was outstanding (except for that handoff from Earls, WHAT A TRY!). Can't wait to hunt some Osprey next Sunday, hope Leinster can pull themselves together for Quins.

Sore bottoms in D4 tonight. But I guess that happens every night for the LBs.

Sexton deserves some looong unpaid leave. Vicious. POC was on the ref straight away, but it was so sly you had to wait for the slo-mo to see what really happened. Setanta didn't spend a second on it in post match analysis.

Fair dues to DArse - got smashed in a tackle, half a second later he was ten metres down the pitch putting the ball back on a plate.

Munster are different from Leinster. First of all, they have a squad. Second, they know how to win. Third, they're not Leinster ... etc etc

mainly.. you have a outhalf who doesnt f*** it up every god damn time against you lot for f***s sake im mean come on! if "he" had of made his kicks we would have been well in it but alas such is life. then again i may end up loving him again next weeknot impressed by sexton's exploits. healy was massive as usual - should have horans jersey by the world cup at the very latest. elsom was quieter than usual so credit the munster pack there. we did win alot of turnovers though was disappointed that we did nothing with them. still when brian is back all will be good and holy again

so is a story of the 2 fly halves a bit simplistic in summing up this match, if so head in hands again at Contepomi, but as feicarsinn said what chances we're singing his praises next week, only to implode again at Croker a la 2006.

Well done though Munster, nice to have the league wrapped up before the HEC quarters.

Munster thoroughly deserved their win and shackled Leinster for large periods. It bodes well for their Heineken Cup quarter final next weekend. They look a good bet to do the double.

O'Leary and O'Gara were much more Effective than Whitaker and Felipe, and Quinlan was more effective than Leinster "talisman" Elsom, that is where the match was won. Good to see Quinny can still match the best of them. Fair play to all of you TRF Leinster fans for being gracious in defeat (practice makes perfect ;) )

Well in fairness I thought Elsom was great with ball in hand and Jennings was excellent on the ground.

Leinster backrow was pretty good (although Heaslip was pretty anonymous, he was playing right?), but Quinlan was the best player on the pitch, I was pretty surprised ROG was MoM to be honest.

I suppose it was because O'Gara was like the O'Gara of 5 years ago. Kicked the corner, kicked his goals and kicked a drop goal.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Apr 4 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
And hopefully Sexton will get cited for trying to kick Mafi in the face. Luckily though he luves upto his reputation and its a poor kick.[/b]

well he's been cited by the independent commissioner, will find out his fate on Wednesday when the hearing takes place in Belfast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfSkgzjCZ78

Earls try, as well as ROG dropgoal. Hands off Healy, burns Whitaker, fixes Kearney and takes him on the outside all in a little 3m Corridor. f***ing class! Is he Ireland's fastest rugby player? Possibly, I'd say O'Leary is his closest rival.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Apr 7 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfSkgzjCZ78

Earls try, as well as ROG dropgoal. Hands off Healy, burns Whitaker, fixes Kearney and takes him on the outside all in a little 3m Corridor. f***ing class! Is he Ireland's fastest rugby player? Possibly, I'd say O'Leary is his closest rival.[/b]

Kearney should have done better. But yeah, Earls is unreal. have you been able to find the Murphy run with Fogerty scoring?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrOViL8FxMM

D'arcy try not up yet so I can't point out Kearney taking Earls out off the ball which is what let Horgan make the break in the first place, only useful thing Kearney did all night to be honest.

I'd subscribe to MarkCaver if I were you now, as Ruck seems to have gone missing, still has plenty of good Munster moments from the last two years on his account though.

He really did put Horgan to shame there. And did a fantastic job drawing Kearney in at the end!

That guy's class too. He's a brilliant option to bring on when the opposition are a bit tired and he's sharp. Won't miss an oppertunity.

2 week ban for Sexton which rules him out of the Quins game according to RTÉ.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Apr 8 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He is lucky to just get that IMO, but it was an interpro....[/b]

that and the fact that Irish players never get severe setences at these hearings.

Considering Flannery got his ban reduced to 4 weeks last year because there was no intent, 2 weeks is quite baffling. Should have been at least 6.

Latest posts