• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v Leinster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ May 2 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ May 2 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed with dull. From what I saw, Quinlan fingers were no way placed there by accident. A citing should follow - plus he's not international standard anyway imo, so I wouldn't call it much of a loss.[/b]

Well, my opinion is that it shouldn't matter if it were by accident. One of Brian Moor's sensible quotes from the Wales v England match in 05 where an England player 'accidentally' caught Peel's head with his boot was something like:

'One thing that makes a dangerous game like rugby safe enough to enjoy, is that every one of the players know where their feet are!'

I think that goes doubly with hands and fingers! Does the fact that a high tackle was intentional or not come into it? No, because it's bloody dangerous and stupid.

So accidental or not, and if it caused damage or not, if the incident is as described (haven't seen it yet) he should be punished.
[/b][/quote]

If it's fitting for Neil Best to get a 6 month ban when it was established as "accidental contact with the eye area", Quinlans blatently deliberate impresseion of Roberto Grau should see him making the tea for quite some time.

Its hard to be Irish and partial to be honest.

As we won its easier to be gratious and say spare him, but it wasnt an accident and while he may regret it (the incident) he's built his career playing on the ohter side of the laws. I've never seen him do anything that nasty before but he's come close.

Given the history of bans that have been handed out for accidental contact, this is going to be a big ban and I doubt anyone can really complain about it.

Shame, but thems the breaks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ May 3 2009, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ May 2 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ May 2 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed with dull. From what I saw, Quinlan fingers were no way placed there by accident. A citing should follow - plus he's not international standard anyway imo, so I wouldn't call it much of a loss.[/b]

Well, my opinion is that it shouldn't matter if it were by accident. One of Brian Moor's sensible quotes from the Wales v England match in 05 where an England player 'accidentally' caught Peel's head with his boot was something like:

'One thing that makes a dangerous game like rugby safe enough to enjoy, is that every one of the players know where their feet are!'

I think that goes doubly with hands and fingers! Does the fact that a high tackle was intentional or not come into it? No, because it's bloody dangerous and stupid.

So accidental or not, and if it caused damage or not, if the incident is as described (haven't seen it yet) he should be punished.
[/b][/quote]

If it's fitting for Neil Best to get a 6 month ban when it was established as "accidental contact with the eye area", Quinlans blatently deliberate impresseion of Roberto Grau should see him making the tea for quite some time.
[/b][/quote]

Big flaw in your argument, Quinlan was not playing against Wasps.

I have no doubt that if Sky had not replayed the footage in slow motion there would be no citing, but they did and he should get 3 months minimum. He is a f***ing idiot for doing it in the first place though.

Fitzgerald apparently only had a bad case of cramp so he should be fine for the final.

Nothing yet on Contepomi though it'd be amazing if he was able to make the final.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ May 4 2009, 06:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Fitzgerald apparently only had a bad case of cramp so he should be fine for the final.

Nothing yet on Contepomi though it'd be amazing if he was able to make the final.[/b]
Would a Leinster fan not rather have Sexton starting at fly-half considering he did prove himself against Munster? Would be better for Irish rugby in general to have him starting as he is the future for Ireland in the fly-half position.

well what I was saying is that it'd be amazing in the sense were he to make the final, Sexton has delivered time and time again coming off the bench but it may well be a different story when he starts a game, Cheika has very little faith in him so he'll no doubt be trying to pull out all the stops for Dr Phil to make the final.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gavin @ May 3 2009, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ May 4 2009, 06:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing yet on Contepomi though it'd be amazing if he was able to make the final.[/b]
Would a Leinster fan not rather have Sexton starting at fly-half considering he did prove himself against Munster? Would be better for Irish rugby in general to have him starting as he is the future for Ireland in the fly-half position.
[/b][/quote]

I don't think the future of Irish rugby really depends on Sexton starting or not, what matters is the final score regardless of who's playing.

A french rugby site said tonight that he's out for 6 months.

If Sexton is not starting who can play at 10 ? Nacewa with Kearney returning to fullback ?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ May 4 2009, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gavin @ May 3 2009, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ May 4 2009, 06:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

I don't think the future of Irish rugby really depends on Sexton starting or not, what matters is the final score regardless of who's playing.
[/b][/quote]
I mean by letting him play some more high pressure games so he will easily move into his Ireland role. Give the lad some good experience and all that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ May 3 2009, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If Sexton is not starting who can play at 10 ? Nacewa with Kearney returning to fullback ?[/b]

Yeah thats pretty much bang on. Or Rocky Elsom :) He's pretty much been our best centre, backrower, prop etc why not give him a run at 10.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ May 3 2009, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

If Sexton is not starting who can play at 10 ? Nacewa with Kearney returning to fullback ?[/b]

yeah saw it on L'Équipe and now RTÉ are reporting it as well.

I fear Nacewa at 10 in the final, that would spell disaster for Leinster, hasn't worked at all this season, surely he has to go with Sexton.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ May 3 2009, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ May 3 2009, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah saw it on L'Équipe and now RTÉ are reporting it as well.

I fear Nacewa at 10 in the final, that would spell disaster for Leinster, hasn't worked at all this season, surely he has to go with Sexton.
[/b][/quote]
Cheika will go with Sexton. If Nacewa was next in line for the 10 shirt it would have been Dempsey rather than Sexton who replaced Contepomi on Saturday.

And just when I was going to add Quinlan as one of my favourite rugby players on my profile.....

Latest posts