<div align='center'>
Munster.png
Montauban.png

Munster v Montauban
Venue: Thomond Park
Date: 10 October 2008
Kickoff: 20:00, Live - Sky Sports 2/Sport+
</div>

So the defending champions get their campaign underway against the newest team in the competiton at Thomond Park. It should be a routine victory for the Irish province given their start to the season and the fact that they have a full deck.

Montauban for their part seem happy to be here but seem to be playing down their chances insisting that they're concentrating on the Top 14. Is it just bravado ahead of this game or will they take the same recent approach of the likes of Bourgoin and Clermont.

Either way Munster won't show them any mercy regardless of their effort so I'd expect them to come away with the full 5 points here, they may need to given the real possibility of losing the other 2 away games.

Your thoughts???

I've predicted a close-ish game, but thinking about it Munster could put 40-50 points on Montauban here.

I think 40-50 points is a bit much, obviously Munster look in good nick at the moment but it's a big step up from domestic competition to European level so I can't see it being that easy. That said they shouldn't be threatened in this game.

Here's the teams,

Munster: K Earls; D Howlett, R Tipoki, L Mafi, I Dowling; R O'Gara, P Stringer; M Horan, J Flannery, J Hayes, D O'Callaghan, P O'Connell (capt), A Quinlan, D Wallace, J Melck.
Replacements: D Fogarty, F Pucciariello, D Ryan, J O'Sullivan, M Prendergast, P Warwick, B Murphy

Montauban: J Dalla Riva; S Jonnet, J Viard, R Jahouer, J Cassin; R Lespinas, P Mitu; B Balan, B Mach, N Adams, S Murray, R Frost, Y Caballero, M Raynaud (capt), M Clarkin.
Replacements: C Traversa, L DelBoulbes, S Florea, K Ghezal, A Battut, F Fortassin, J Laharrague

Referee: Wayne Barnes (England)

No surprises for Munster with only O'Leary missing out although hard to say if he'd have started anyway.

Is that Montauban's second team? Could be an absolute embarrassment if it is.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 9 2008, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Is that Montauban's second team? Could be an absolute embarrassment if it is.[/b]

More or less... some vital players like Delasau (Top 14 best try scorer ath the moment) Fortassin, Paku, Avramovich, Diarra... are missing but others like Caballero (a french international) are there. They're in difficulty in the Top 14 (11th) and I don't think they'll try anything in that H-Cup, except maybe at home, they're proud of the stadium and attached to their home record. (even if Toulouse hammered them a few weeks ago at Sapiac)

One thing I have noticed about this forum is that you are all very mannerly.When I was a member of Planet Rugby before I got the chop it was always f*** you and this and that.Why is this? :)

Because if you swear at members here when it's unjustified, you'll get the boot. I hope you adapt well to these changes. :p

On topic: Munster should win this. It'll be interesting to see how Montauban play though. Many have written them off as no-hopers for even a win; lets hope they'll prove those folks wrong tonight. :D

On topic: Munster should win this. It'll be interesting to see how Montauban play though. Many have written them off as no-hopers for even a win; lets hope they'll prove those folks wrong tonight. :D
[/quote]
I didnt get the boot for swearing in fact I hardly swear @ all but From the looks of things there isnt much going on here.Can anyone recommend good forums

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (poppy @ Oct 11 2008, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
One thing I have noticed about this forum is that you are all very mannerly.When I was a member of Planet Rugby before I got the chop it was always f*** you and this and that.Why is this? :)[/b]
**** you.

Munster in front of faithful + new stadium + French shoulder-shrugging = slaughter.

That was a desperate miss from Mitu there, Barnes already ******* off the Munster faithful.

Oh Christ it's turning into a day at work round here.

Munster finding gaps but not finishing moves off, poor support for Earls just there

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 10 2008, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh Christ it's turning into a day at work round here.[/b]

Does your work involve you trying to diligently do as good a job as possible while being surrounded by idiots sporting crap French accents?

Latest posts