• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v Ospreys

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Munster.png
Ospreys.png

Munster v Ospreys</div>

The Ospreys travel to Limerick looking to book their first semi final appearance in the tournament, while Munster will be looking for their 8th appearance in the final 4 but only for the second time should they come through they'll have a home semi final at Croke Park.

Ospreys have injury doubts over Lee Byrne who's struggling to make it following the tenden injury he aggravated in the Wales Ireland match. Given the Lions tour is on the horizon I'd hate to see him do more damage if he's not 100% and geopardise his chances of touring.

Rua Tipoki is the only player missing for Munster but with Mafi and Earls in the centre Munster won't be weakened in any way.

Should be a home win but Barnes' appointment has me a little worried.

I genuinely cannot wait for this game. It looks like it has everything, shame Tipoki and Henson are out though, but both sides have adequate back up, some a lot more adequate than others in Paul Warwick's case.

1. Horan
2. Flannery
3. Hayes
4. O'Callaghan
5. O'Connell
6. Quinlan
7. Wallace
8. Leamy
9. O'Leary
10. O'Gara
11. Dowling
12. Mafi
13. Earls
14. Howlett
15. Warwick

Is what I am expecting which is very tough on Niall Ronan, plenty of very tough competition for places on the bench especially between MO'D and Donnacha Ryan with Micko having a GS slam medal in his pocket and showing excellent form. I really can't look past a Munster win though, Barnes or no Barnes.

Micko having a medal for sitting on his arse surely must count in his favour!

I'd expect a Munster win. Their Grand Slam winning Irish contingent are back and their playing against an O's team in that doesn't appear to have a gameplan and a lengthy injury list (hope Burne and Gough are fit!). But at the same time, I still harbour a glimmor of hope, this is still an Ospreys team packed full of talent and anything can happen, if they finish off the oppertunities they've been creating they could do it..................... not gonna happen though! If it does, I appollogise in advance Munster fans, as it won't be pretty lol.

Can't hurt his chances, It will be really tough on whoever out of Ronan/Ryan/Micko doesn't make the bench. Personally I would go with Ronan and Ryan or a 5/2 split with Strings and Murphy the only backs on the bench....

seriously though you cannot use that in favour of him being selected, he didn't even get on the pitch, no doubt he contributed with what he did in the buildup but even still it's a strange reason to use.

Micko doesn't really do it for me. Sure he is a good player at club level, but that is about it. I'd rather see a Ronan as he is on a roll. Didn't he score three tries in one of the league games a few weeks ago? Is Leamy fully fit for the match? If not might be better starting him on the bench with Ronan starting and then Leamy coming on as an impact sub after 50minutes. My prediciton - Munster by 100000000000000000000000000000000000 points :D

Ospreys to turn them over by 4 points.

No logical reason for saying this but someone has to beat them someday, why not the Ospreys.

I'll be right one of these years!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Apr 9 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ospreys to turn them over by 4 points.

No logical reason for saying this but someone has to beat them someday, why not the Ospreys.

I'll be right one of these years![/b]

maybe but not this year.

If the Ospreys get their tails up they could be dangerous - Munster are gonna have to grab them by the throat and strangle the life out of them.

Luckily Munster are very good at this and Ospreys very bad in a dogfight.

I'd like to see Hook try catchin behind his back like he tried against Saracens last year - muppet!

Munster to win easily.

Hah, now I've said that Munster are going to lose by twenty points :D

yeah but when was the last time any of these players actually played for their designated clubs bar when they were coming back from long term injuries.

I think that so many people have wrote the Ospreys off that may work in their favour. All the pressure is on Munster and I think and it will show in a close game. I think the Ospreys will be more of a challenge than people think they will be.

Itll be close, but Munster are at home and their crowd will take them through.

Munster team named -

Munster: P Warwick, D Howlett, K Earls, L Mafi, I Dowling, R O'Gara, T O'Leary, M Horan, J Flannery, J Hayes, D O'Callaghan, P O'Connell capt, A Quinlan, D Wallace, D Leamy. Replacements: D Fogarty, T Buckley, M O'Driscoll, N Ronan, P Stringer, B Murphy, D Hurley

Very strong Munster said, as expected, have to wait and see what team the Osprey's decide to turn out.

No Byrne for the Ospreys so Bowe switches to full back, you think they would have played him there in the EDF semi given the possibility as well as not having played there yet this season.

Ospreys: Tommy Bowe; Jonny Vaughton, Sonny Parker, Andrew Bishop, Shane Williams; James Hook, Mike Phillips; Paul James, Huw Bennett, Adam Jones, Ian Gough, Alun Wyn Jones, Ryan Jones (Capt), Marty Holah, Filo Tiatia.
Replacements: Richard Hibbard, Cai Griffiths, Filipo Levi, Andy Lloyd, Tom Smith, Jamie Nutbrown, Dan Biggar.

How's Vaughton rated? I have a feeling the ball is going behind this back 3 all day. Especially with Warwick and O'Gara's ability for such things.

Looking forward to the battle at centre.

Latest posts