Munster v Sale

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Munster.png
Sale.png

Munster v Sale
</div>

Well this one promises to be the clash of the weekend and there's certainly history between these 2 sides. Here's hoping we get as good a match as we got in the first game at Edgley Park.

It'll also be interesting to see how Chabal reacts on his return to the Limerick venue where he was well and truly torn a new arse in that encounter.

O'Gara will start for Munster having picked up a hamstring injury in the Ulster match while in the absence of Tipoki, Earls will move to the centre with Warwick starting at full back.

Should be a home win, but Sale will fancy their chances given Munster's recent slipups.

Shouldn't your post read: "Sale have no chance!"?

Anywho, the teams:

Sale:
Mark Cueto, Chris Bell, Andy Tuilagi, Luke McAlister, David Doherty, Charlie Hodgson, Richard Wigglesworth, Lionel Faure, Marc Jones, Eifion Roberts, Sebastien Chabal, Dean Schofield, Chris Jones, Neil Briggs, JM Fernandez Lobbe (Captain)

Replacements: Stuart Turner, Andrew Sheridan, Brent Cockbain, Carl Fearns, Dwayne Peel, Rudi Keil, Mathew Tait

Munster:
P Warwick; D Howlett, K Earls, L Mafi, I Dowling, R O'Gara, T O'Leary; M Horan, J Flannery, J Hayes; D O'Callaghan, P O'Connell (capt), A Quinlan, D Wallace, D Leamy.

Replacements: D Fogarty, F Pucciariello, D Ryan, N Ronan, P Stringer, B Murphy, D Hurley.

No Peel or Tait (but really, who cares about the latter) and Munster start with ROG.
If Munster play like they did against Ulster, I'll be doing cartwheels come full time.
If they play like at Edgeley Park, then it must be a home win.
Hopefully Sale can make a fight of it if the latter event occurs.

What will Munster's chances be if they slip up against Sale.

To be honest, Munster seem to have performed far better on the road than they have at Thurmond Park this season. People bang on about the "fortress" factor of Munster's home ground but its usually on the road where they shine the most these days.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 15 2009, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What will Munster's chances be if they slip up against Sale.

To be honest, Munster seem to have performed far better on the road than they have at Thurmond Park this season. People bang on about the "fortress" factor of Munster's home ground but its usually on the road where they shine the most these days.[/b]

I'd say they've noticed that themselves and will be doing there best to put that right. They've picked that exact team I would have picked and I think it's a good Sale side aswell. should be mighty good stuff.

Sale are doing well, playing well and winning big games in the GP, Munster on the other hand have been faffing about losing to Ulster and Connaught. The close win away to Ospreys hasnt really disguised much.

Cant look beyond a Munster win really :)

I havent a clue which way this will go. Its an evening kick off to the fans should have a chance to get a bit of drink into em, means the atmosphere should be better then it has been of late.

Gardaí are ****** off with the evening kickoff, apparently it was a nightmare after the Montauban game and they were looking for a Saturday game but Sky wouldn't budge.

Sale spend the whole evening using defensive tactics. Munster spend the whole evening sealing in rucks and kicking it away.

Expect the most boring game of rugby since Wasps last visited Sixways.

well O'Connell looks like he's made it but if he has huge credit to O'Gara for gathering the ball from the chip through by Warwick.

and it's given, great start for Munster and quality play from Earls as well in the buildup

daft penalty to give away straight from the kickoff, shocking effort from Hodgson though. Reprieve for Munster

that was sublime from Munster, Flannery finishing off in the corner, Warwick drawing the defenders so well and Wallace putting Flannery away. Cracking stuff.

important for O'Gara to get this, needs to get his confidence back with his kicking and he does right from the touchline.

12-3 Munster

Latest posts