Munster v Toulon

Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
16/10/2010 @ 15:30, Thomond Park (Sky Sports)

pool3.jpg

I'd expect that all 4 teams will be bang in this group still after Round 2

Flannery has been included in the the squad after playing on the weekend in the AI league.

Toulon to be blown away in all regards. I see a huge win for Munster, but no bonus point.

Surely the match will be abandoned if that happens?

I can see a Munster bonus point win here. They weren't good last week but there's nothing like a home Heineken Cup game to help them regain their focus. They must reinstate Paul Warwick and David Wallace to their team at the very least though.

is barry murphy still about he could play 13 and earls mabey go 12???

I think Barry Murphy is in the Munster A squad. I'd now expect Johne Murphy to start in the centre alongside Earls

Lads expect Warwick at 12. I think we will be waiting to see who Toulon bring first though

Only problem with Warwick at 12, and I'm guessing you expect Earls at 13, is that it's a very light-weight partnership

Only problem with Warwick at 12, and I'm guessing you expect Earls at 13, is that it's a very light-weight partnership

I agree and with O'gara at 10 there could be loads of breaks through the middle. I not so worried about Earls it's more O'Gara and Warwick. I think we should have 10 O'Gara 12 J Murphy 13 Earls
Warwick can slot back into FB but his defence must be at it's best if not Hurley may be a better option. Anyway we wnt be able to commit many layers to the breakdown aswe will need them out in defence but Buckley being able to hold off 2-3 players at once will be an advantage.

Last edited:
Let's not forget we might not be facing the first team of Toulon which I hate like why do French teams qualify for Heineken then treat it like crap. It is bigger than any French English or Magners and well ok money is a factor but there should be pride too.
Back to centre topic it will be between Murphy and Warwick. Murphy has the better defense but Warwick will be more creative.

Let's not forget we might not be facing the first team of Toulon which I hate like why do French teams qualify for Heineken then treat it like crap. It is bigger than any French English or Magners and well ok money is a factor but there should be pride too.

On that question, I don't think it's a pure money matter for Toulon.
Even team as Toulouse, Clermont or Biarritz are aware they can't aim both ***le, so it's easy to understand that for a first participation in H cup they have a bit of hesitation where to put the engagement/risk cursor in that competition, moreover after last season when they saw they were not so far from winning a Bouclier de Brennus.
Wilco-dependance is another problem, not yet resolved, medicaly speaking.

Despite this, I don't see them coming to Munster with a B team. They really want to test them in front of class A team in the big cup, and no valuable measurements can be recorded that way. I think they'll try to keep the contact as long as they can, but won't burn themselves if they fall behind

Well if Toulon do bring a 2nd string I'll be disappointed because the proof is there like the English teams and Toulouse and Perpignan do take the H'Cup serious because well it the Cup with the biggest amount of pride and passion at stake.

Question is different with Toulouse, Perpignan, Biarritz and even Clermont because these teams have in a recent past won the Bouclier. Expanding ones as Toulon, Castres, Bayonne or Montpellier will certainly head first on the national championship if they have to make a choice.

We're not at this stage today. Philippe Saint André is a newbie in the Hcup, but not with British and Irish teams and refs, I think he's coming to take as much as he can.

Glad to see Wilko in squad and well hope he comes off bench. It's always nice to see world class talent in Thomond and well Contepomi must be wondering why it had to be Thomond Park where he'd get a start ha ha.