Northampton
Heineken%20Cup.png

Munster.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Ospreys.png

Munster vs Ospreys

Thommond Park
12/12/10, 13:00

It's going to be a cracker and next 2 weeks could have big effect not just on season but for some their careers.

A massive game here. I would predict a Munster win but the Ospreys have some real individual talent and we will need a top defence. If we keep possession and keep the score board ticking we should come away with a win but the Ospreys will be hungry to get a win here and they are deffinatly capable.

Munster need to up it massively on game against Cardiff. I'd expect the Ospreys to maybe test us up front but the battle of the backrows will be vital. I think Du Preez might do ok against Jones but Buckley needs to give us a big effort

I agree that Munster have to up it but so do the Ospreys as their victories against edinburgh and Leinster were hardly Heineken cup standard. I think Buckley had the better of Jenkins in the scrum last week but its all on the day and I think it could go either way in the front row. Like I said we need to keep possession as the Ospreys can strike from anywhere but without the ball they may strugle. The set peice will be very important aswell as the kicking for goal.

I think for once the Ospreys aren't as creative at the back and do need the forwards to do a job. We are the same but well it a massive game that both teams need to win

I totally forgot that the heineken cup was this weekend :D :D And what a game to look forward to. I'm always nervous with these monster games, cause we never travel well against munster. We've got a first 15 to beat any side, but (and i know 1 player doesn't make a team) i feel without Shane Williams, both The Ospreys and Wales lack that spontaneity in the back line (and kinda get 1 dimensional in attack). Must say tho Fussell is playing very well and taking his chance to play extremely well, and also will be nice to see Tupiric play against a big side (that try last week was a touch of class). Can't wait for this, gonna be a massive game for both sides.

I think it's going to be close, but a few Ospreys players need to really knuckle down if were going to win this game, or even come within 7. Up front, I'm expecting Ian Evans to partner Alun-Wyn in the second row, it's nice to see him finally having a run of games and getting some good form back. Backrow will probably revert back to Collins, Hollah and Ryan Jones. Will be interesting wheather they go for JT or Tipuric on the bench. Hopefully no Gough in the 22, as he showed last week that he's no longer up to it imo, and is resorting to cheap shots and getting yellow carded for it. Hollah's gotta have a good game, he's due one against Munster!!

In the backs, Biggar needs to improve tenfold on his previous two outings. If he's as bad again in this match, we'll loose for sure. The other spot up for grabs is on the wing, will they go for Fussell or Walker?

I haven't been all that convinced by either team lately, however we all know Munster will up it massively for the HC, can the Ospreys do the same?

Edit: is Collins injured?

Is many ospreys fans coming.
There will be a big focus on both 10's too as tactical kicking will be vital. If we can start brightly it'll have a big effect on the away team. Heineken Cup days in Thomond Park can be very intidating.

Nigel Owens doesn't do every game Bullitt and Saint blaming Owens :)

4 Tries to 1 and well we outplayed Saints and ye blame a 33-19 loss on Owens. :D
Are ye trying to be Saracens :p

Last edited:
Munster to Win because they are at home. But it will be a great match to watch.

Nigel Owens doesn't do every game Bullitt and Saint blaming Owens :)

4 Tries to 1 and well we outplayed Saints and ye blame a 33-19 loss on Owens. :D
Are ye trying to be Saracens :p

It aint just Thommond park; Every time he "takes charge" (and I use that phrase very loosely) he seems to make so, how shall I put it, 'interesting' calls.

However I still want an explanation why he awarded Munster a penalty immediately after kickoff for seemingly catching the ball and nothing else.

Wayne Barnes usually infuriates when he ref Munster. For some reason when he refs Munster he becomes rubish because he usually is pretty good. Who is the ref for this match?

The greatest ref is Mr. Pointe. :D
But Nigel saw something Bullitt and made the call :D

Dave Pearson is in charge Sunday I think

Ah ffs. Holah banned for two weeks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/ospreys/9266450.stm

Not sure how that deserved a ban mind. Much worse has happened recently that has gone unpunished (Powell, or even O'Briens late and high tackle on Newton in the Leinster v Scarlets match). It was stupid and deserved a yellow at the time, but I still think a two week ban is very harsh, as it was still unlucky that Paterson was injured because of it. Ok, maybe it deserved a week, considering it was not picked up on in the match itself. Still, more inconsistencies in the citing process.

Suppose we'll see a backrow of Collins, Tipuric, Ryan Jones. Will be interesting how Tipuric get's on, but I'm a little worried about the tackle area now, will we be able to compete?

Last edited:
Mr Rolland is the best ref in my oppinion. Like Bullitt said it may be interesting with Pearson who sometimes just forgets the rules espescially at the breakdown. It was a stupid thing to do and deserved a yellow but had Paterson not been injured because of it then it would have probably not looked so bad. I think it may have deserved a week maximun but it deffinatly wasn't as bad as powell's tackle and was on par with O'Briens. It was a stupid thing to do and it would be something I'd expect Quinlan or Gough to do.

I'd expect an appeal, so maybe it'll be reduced to 1 week. Either way it was stupid and pointless so he deserves a punishment. He's never played well against Munster anyway....

Latest posts