Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
1667823473351.png

Made up for JL and Dan, been playing out their skin consistently for us

Rob probably a bit unlucky to miss out - depth at 10 is probably the Boks biggest issue and his form has been so good he'd be worth a cursory glance

I don't know. If Munster can make the 1st time tackles I can see them in it. Our selections is somewhat unbalanced in that if we don't break the tackles we might get caught out as we have ball carriers all over the park but not much ITO play-making and I question whether our fundamentals will be there.

Look at the back row and bench. 5 big ball carrying loosies. All 5 of them are #8s that can play blindside.

Dweba. Great ball carrier but lacks some of the fundamentals. I don't even have him tops at the Stormers.

Fassi is great runner in open play but if he doesn't get the space he wants he is a mediocre kicker of the ball at the top level. Hendricks and Van Wyk in the centers are both finishers more so than play creators IMO.

To that end, maybe getting a critical mass of ball runners can do the job ala the Blues in Super Rugby but if route 1 isn't working I can see us getting found out though I don't know if Munster ATM are in a much better place ITO their play making. Regardless, it'll be great to see a midweek like this and here's hoping for more in the future!

This could be ugly. Munster in Cork, at a new stadium, currently fairly shite on top of it all. Pashun or dusht
Composite sides tend to do very badly against established sides. But this Bokkie team does have some individual star power. Munster would be very weakened now too?

Composite sides tend to do very badly against established sides. But this Bokkie team does have some individual star power. Munster would be very weakened now too?
Down Beirne, POM, Murray, Casey, possibly Loughman and Crowley. Could be missing a few as well but they will be without their star internationals and possibly some of their best young players.

I predict a shock. South Africa coming to a fired up sold out PUC tomorrow.
This is an audition to telling Aviva F Off for any of our home games.

Also few of our lads playing for contracts and to get back on Irish radar

A real international now on. Antoine Frisch is already turning in to a hero down here in the Republic of Cork

Munster played a good game, deserved their win, crowd was loud!

Hopefully that gets their season back on track.

Some young lads out there need promoting
Never in doubt season was always reqiring and tonight we seen what is there tonight saw us past mark of using 60 players this season.

Younger lads showing they ready. Ed in 2nd row was awesome and Frisch keeps going like that and RWC is not impossible.

Should also add I think across all provinces that come RWC 2027 there will be serious depth all over.

To be honest SA were poor and looked like they'd like to be anywhere else for the first 50 minutes, but credit to Munster for the rugby they played in that period, especially given the conditions. I thought Healy played very well, and mixed his play up brilliantly, and Patterson had a huge game. The conditions made it a minefield for a 9 given the number of involvements they have, but he was excellent throughout. And his interview was superb. 😂

Edogbu must be the biggest 19 year old I've ever seen, but he is incredibly athletic and hard working, and looks like a top prospect. He was absolutely wrecked before being subbed, and had started falling off tackles and being a bit inaccurate, but he'd put in a huge shift so it was very understandable.

Delighted for Rowntree who seems to be putting in the ugly work needed to shift Munster out of the rut they've been in for the past few years. It's very brave, but in Munsters case absolutely necessary, to look past short term results in order to put proper structures and style of play in place. Hopefully they're turning a corner and we'll see improved results in the next while.

So I've watched the game now and really happy with how we played. I don't think the Saffas wanted anything to do with this fixture, but we came out of the gates and put playing rugby firmly out of their minds too.

People are rightly giving Patterson and Healy credit for their performance, but Haley was unbelievable. He was involved in so much and beasted on his carries. McDonald looks a handy signing (a few pens aside) and Edogbo is a beast. He stopped that maul right before halftime pretty much single handedly. Frisch looks very useful too. Big, direct and offload happy.

I think the Munster in the Páirc experiment was a big success, and given Cork GAA's finances (not good) I think they'd be happy to accommodate as many returns as possible. We surely have to do any home QFs there in future.

Latest posts