• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Murrayfield Stadium - seating advice

cheeky_chappie

Academy Player
Country Flag
Scotland
hi all

i'm looking for some advice from rugby fans who have been to murrayfield stadium more than a few times. i am going to a concert there next year, the stage will be situated in front of the north stand and i have the chance of sitting here:

west stand 23 - lower tier - front/back right - row gg

or here:

east stand 10 - left block - row s

i've checked the stadium (which i've never been in before) out online as best i can and my initial thoughts are the west stand seats might be better for a concert but i'd ideally like some second opinions from those who know the stadium as i don't know what all this 'front/back right' stuff etc means ... my concern is the west stand section might be closer but the seats might be obstructed or something whereas the s row east stand seats might be quite near the back of the stand? i suppose the big difference is i'm not going to watch a rugby match so a great view of the pitch area isn't required whereas a great view of just in front of the north stand is.

any advice welcome, here's an overview of where the stage will be in relation to the sections:

http://www.ticketline.co.uk/images/...edinburgh-murrayfield-stadium-default_lrg.gif

Never been to Murrayfield before, but just from past concert experience I think that the West Stand seems the better option

cheers for that, yeah i think the west stand might be the better bet. the east stand seats will (i reckon) be further away up the back of the stand giving a good overall view of the entire stadium whereas the west stand seats look as though they'll be closer.

i've been to murrayfield several times... to be honest, it won't make much difference.

however, the east stand is smaller and lower than the west, meaning that if you sit in the west stand some of edinburgh's skyline and sunset is visible over the east's roof.

Latest posts