• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

music on rugby 08

T

Tamarro

hi boys!
I would want to know if there is a way to replace the present music on rugby 08 with others.
and if it is possible, do you know how to tell me as to do?

Ok I hope you understand everything :) !!
You need The BigGui look around the forum or just search google. (used to open the music.big file and data.gob)
Also U should use the program DittyImporter.. (used to convert your mp3 to .asf)
Also a text editor should be used.

First search google to find the correct programs.

once set open your data.gob file located at (C:\Program Files\EA Sports\EA SPORTS™ Rugby 08\Data\data.gob) with
BigGui.
Find the file a31ccba307ab5bb8c53e91ebeba0bb90.xml. (This file is used to give the mp3 tags also the filename.)
Extract The File to a folder.

Use DittyImporter to Convert all your mp3 files to .asf to a folder.
Now open the Music.big file located at (C:\Program Files\EA Sports\EA SPORTS™ Rugby 08\Audio\music.big) with BigGui.
Delete all the files inside this file.

Now import all your music into (you converted to .asf ) the music.big file.

Now Remember the .xml file is kind of linked. U should change the filenames in the xml file to the same as in the music.big.

Also remember that the same amount of files should be in the music.big as in your .xml file strings or you will get an error at startup.

once u changed all like you want it just copy the .xml file into your (C:\Program Files\EA Sports\EA SPORTS™ Rugby 08\) folder.

f_screen02m_52d3d3d.jpg

f_screen03m_92ef378.jpg

I have perfectly followed the whole tutorial, however when I open the game any music he doesn't feel, the description correctly goes out, but nn feels him nothing.... :(

I don't understand.. Does the music play or is your description just wrong when the music starts playing?

when i try to import the music files into the music.big file nothing happens. they don't import....

Don't be sorry to lwkfella, JackBlack. Better you posting here than putting up a new thread I suppose.

Send a PM to STORMERSMAN and he will be able to help you out :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Sep 30 2008, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Don't be sorry to lwkfella, JackBlack. Better you posting here than putting up a new thread I suppose.

Send a PM to STORMERSMAN and he will be able to help you out :)[/b]

yeah that was the logic behind me posting here...

Damn now i have the same problem as Tamarro. The music doesn't play but the little labels with the music name and stuff appear when i change song though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jackblackandkyle @ Sep 30 2008, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Damn now i have the same problem as Tamarro. The music doesn't play but the little labels with the music name and stuff appear when i change song though.[/b]

fixed it :) cheers all

This works on Rugby 06 as well, if anyone was interested. I've just added new songs.

Latest posts